• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ignition 1 “Run” shorted?

Just a possible sudden and unexpected loss of engine power, power steering, and power brakes, all possibly while in motion with little time for a reaction. The main fusible link is slow reacting and requires a very large overcurrent situation to open it up. Fuses are simple and cheap protection for other less-essential components and wiring but add another possible point of failure to any circuit. Headlamps are not fused as well for the same reason, uses an auto resetting circuit breaker built into the switch for wiring protection.
Good input 72RR understood. I still have unrelated electrical issues like rear tail lights. I will keep the fuses and may re-connectorize them after all my electrical issues are resolved. I don’t want to burn up my harness and the melted connector and contacts left me feeling a little concerned about fire and melted harness and wires.

Guy’s I successfully fixed Bubba’s electrical work with your help! Thanks especially to 72RR and Nacho for sticking with me on this! I ran the Blu and Brn wires together and totally rewired the connector. It works great! Thanks guys for everyone who helped me I am grateful to have you guys here! I will post some pics of how I decided to wire the Molex workaround.

Dumb question I'm sure, but did you ever do a wiring diagram or pictures of your igntion wiring conversion (IGN 1 tied to IGN 2)? I'm wondering if this is a fix for my Fast EFI to keep power going to the small display centre that needs constant power between crank and run.

Auto Transport Service
Back