• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll be first

69 Runner

ADMIN wif a corner office (Deceased - RIP)
Local time
5:12 AM
Reaction score
Here is my all time favorite car. It's "justa 383". I saw this car on a Friday night sitting on the end of the front row of Wild Bill's Chrysler Plymouth. I stopped in to have a look, not thinking it was a runner due to no hood stripes and vinyl top etc. So I stopped and realized it was a runner.

Walking up to it I saw the bench seat. First thought was, to bad it's not a FOUR SPEED!! Well I was in love. What a gorgeous car! Next day I went in to check it out. They gave me a price, but being 21 and no money I went home to talk to my folks about it.

Good move, cause it was Sunday's paper for LESS than what they had told me the day before. So my dad and I went in on Monday, and the runner was mine!!

I owned it from 1976 till 1983. Then I bought it back in 1998 while restoring my Six Pack Challenger. I bought it back from the same guy I sold it to 15 years earlier.

One other interesting thing. Wild Bills used to be Worthey's CP. And the car sold NEW from there.

T5.jpg

T5 2.jpg

WOW! Got it, sold it, got it back again. Not to many are that lucky.
I have a 400 in my car. Lo -Po smog year, but it moves preety OK. That 383 should be a nice motorvater! (SP!)

I've got some plans for it. Will basically be built the same as the Certified Stock motor that was in my Challenger. Means I'll probably have to run it on a race gas mix, but it should run close to 13 OH at probably around 105mph through the manifolds.

And I did that twice. I bought a 69,000 mile 68 Coronet R/T that no one seemed to be interested in. I had it for a while, then a friend wanted to buy it. So I sold it to him saying "I don't feel like I'm through playing with it. So if you ever decide to sell...."

About a year, year and a half later he called. I bought it back. Then I sold it again and it went to Belgium. Probably won't be buying that one again.

68 RT.jpg

Here's mine!

My first car was a '69 Roadrunner that I bought in '72. But I never took pictures of it. So when i got the bug to find another car I was drawn to of course another'69. I found this one on the e-rag. It was at a dealer and had failed to reach reserve twice. So I called and after a coupel two hour trips to look at it I brought it home. It's a 383, with auto, and ps. I got lucky as this apperars to be a rust free car. It had been painted, and had the interior replaced. I was told that the engine had been rebuild but I have no real proof, but it does sound real good. I think I got it at a very good price. You guys be the judge.

IM000183.JPG

IM000353.JPG

Looks clean. The wiper motor needs to be redone though.

very sweey looking mopars......especially the '69 runners :)

69roadrunner.org

I just noticed the old direct connection licence plate...now that is Old School :yes:

Hi Guys,
This site will be fun!
I already belong to fabo so I guess I need to belong here too. I dont have any pictures to post for now, but my car club cornered me last month to write a little something for the newsletter.
here is the link
www.moparsaz.com/featurezoom.html‏
The 69 Super Bee is going to be black with a red tail stripe, stroked 440 and a 727 with Gear Venders OD.

Sounds like a cool ride.

Welcome

Rob, that pic is from when I owned the car the first time. I worked at D/FW airport on the Flight Information Display Systems. The DPS provided all the security out there, and were a bit over zealous on the roads. They pulled me over for running just the DC plate, as Texas requires a front and rear plate (except for a state issued Antique plate). So after that I had both plates on the front of the car.

Auto Transport Service
Back