• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm back in the game!!

SUPERSTOCKRACER

Local time
10:48 PM
Reaction score
WoooHoo!!
I'm back together. just put on new strange double adjustable front and rear shocks and added this .
New decals for the new windshields and side glass.

go lithium1.jpg go lithium2.jpg

good news them new carbs look awesome

They aren't on the car yet. They are worked for Q16.
I have a different set of Bob books on there now.
Coronet was flying yesterday, with a 1.26, 60 foot on the back tires.
Rejetted all carbs with the help of 8 Racepak O2 sensors. I couldn't have figured out what cylinders need what w/o this data.

Just for the record, I'm Naturally aspirated.
I will also be "back n the game" soon. I am building/restoring a 64 Dodge Polara that will have a "426" wedge engine. Keeping it nostalgia correct with the push button trans. Should be a cool street/strip car. Lots of work already in and more to come.

Throw some jet numbers at us. How staggered is it? Around cylinders 5-7? With or without shear plates? Are you using a stock pedal,throttle cable? Awesome powerplant there!

Throw some jet numbers at us. How staggered is it? Around cylinders 5-7? With or without shear plates? Are you using a stock pedal,throttle cable? Awesome powerplant there!

i'll get some pics of the tops of the carbs tomorrow. i'm down to 88 in 2 cylinders and up to 96 in another. Cant remember today. I sucked in 2 many paint fumes today. No shear plates, they don't fit but going to try again w/o overflow tubes

I went the throttle rod way with tunnel ram, Stock pedal with the correct travel.
I'd rather do it right the 1st time, not weld some bogus gas pedal to the firewall, just get the correct angle, spend a little more time and do it right. I'd hate to have my gas pedal break sitting at the starting line.

#1 94
#3 93
#5 88
#7 90

#2 96
#4 91
#6 89
#8 87

Your results might differ due to air bleed sizing and intake runner differences in velocity with different carbs.

nendra%20race%202%20017.jpg

Last edited:
Here's my throttle rod attached. Took some time, but I like my full throttle, and I love the easy movement.

Goodwin Hemi5.jpg hemi w.bob books9.jpg hemi w.bob books8.jpg

Nice! Very nice! I run a pair of 750dp holleys on a tunnel rammed hemi. I use the same linkage kit. I modified the stock pedal (64 plymouth) by closing the angle between the two arms. I modified the cable for more travel. Still needs more work. Doesnt quite get full throttle. So did you find the cable had to much friction and the rod has none? Or just more precise? Did you use a clevise on the pedal end of the rod?
Is the carb jetting based on data from an actual pass? Looks like it is to me,what with bigger jets up front and going leaner to the back. Except for 5 and 7. Your car is very impressive. Thanks for letting me take a peek at it.

IMG699.jpg

Nice! Very nice! I run a pair of 750dp holleys on a tunnel rammed hemi. I use the same linkage kit. I modified the stock pedal (64 plymouth) by closing the angle between the two arms. I modified the cable for more travel. Still needs more work. Doesnt quite get full throttle. So did you find the cable had to much friction and the rod has none? Or just more precise? Did you use a clevise on the pedal end of the rod?
Is the carb jetting based on data from an actual pass? Looks like it is to me,what with bigger jets up front and going leaner to the back. Except for 5 and 7. Your car is very impressive. Thanks for letting me take a peek at it.

View attachment 338624

View attachment 338624

Yes, my problem was a nice feel of the pedal to about half throttle and it became very stiff with the stock throttle cable with both clevite ends.. I couldn't get use to it and didn't like it one bit.
Car is jetted with 8 individual cylinder O2 sensors. You would never be able to figure the jetting sequence with each individual cylinder readings.
I had 2 O2 sensors, one in each collector for years where you could get close but not exact.

Pm me for how to get full throttle, I see your problem but there's someone with the same issue and don't want him to know my secret on how to achieve WOT. LMOL

Auto Transport Service
Back