• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm Hurtin' This Morning!

Powders are def a Southern thing.

For the record, Richard Petty used to endorse Goody's.

There is a third brand- Stanback, that is somewhat less difficult to get down, taste-wise.

My issue has always been the fluid. For some reason 2 1/2 tablespoons of that stuff left on a garage floor or driveway overnight will cover the whole garage floor by morning. Dave

I hate working on the floor now too,
I avoid it like the plague, make me procrastinate way too much...
Early in my car years I'd do it in the gutter if need be,
all by myself, no holds bared, but not now...
I work smarter not harder, I try to adapt when need be...
Big piece of Cardboard or ID/OD carpet helps some,
but also makes it a tad bit more bearable,
but it's harder to move around a floor-jack though...
Larger wheels on the floor jack helps some too...

A Transmission-jack adapter plate on-top of the floor-jack,
works great too, helps stabilize the trans, not expensive,
makes it easier, especially when I'm always working alone...

I just don't like working on my back that much
I did buy some taller 30" 3-ton jack-stands
make for a tad bit more room/comfort,
But you need to add an 1" thick wall pipe extension,
with a wide support plates top & bottom,
to your floor-jacks thou or they wont reach...

Damn I miss my lift, it's on my bucket list
for when I move my shop outback...

My issue has always been the fluid. For some reason 2 1/2 tablespoons of that stuff left on a garage floor or driveway overnight will cover the whole garage floor by morning. Dave
I thought you were talking about something else there for a minute. Just buy yourself some Depends but I believe you were referring to transmission fluid! :lol:

I feel your pain, all of a sudden when I hit 65 I couldn't just stand up from a creeper anymore.

When I do use a creeper,I roll off, get on all 4's, then "try" to stand up.Takes a bit....

I put a transmission in my pickup a couple of years ago wen I had nobody to help. I had seen a youtube video of a dude that lifted a 20 ton block of granite 15 feet into the air to set it atop a couple of lintel stones, like Stonehenge. He did it by himself using leverage and weight transfer. So I did the same, with the trans. I set some blocks of wood under it and rocking it left and then right I placed another hunk of wood, 3/4' at a time on each side after awhile I had it up even with the engine where I could make a little platform to slide it forward across to mate them up. Worked like a charm but I was still sore.

That's one of the most impressive things I have seen in my 69 years. Amazed . Dave

:lol:
I thought you were talking about something else there for a minute. Just buy yourself some Depends but I believe you were referring to transmission fluid! :lol:
I have found that both beer and the resultant body fluid go away overnight. Trans. fluid is one of my nemeses. (signifies problem or another of MY screw ups ) :lol:

Best thing I ever bought was my lift,9000lb asymmetrical,which means it does not matter which way the car is facing, and cheap,1400.00. I wax at eye level and never ever get on the floor, get one guys ,requires a 12ft ceiling!!!

After two whole weekends, my son and I were finally able to get the new transmission into the Roadrunner. I've definitely realized I am too damn old to be swapping transmissions on a driveway!!! I got up this morning and needed three BC powders to get the strength to get my *** out of bed and into work.

On the plus side, the new transmission with the Mancini Racing valve body and shift kit is a thing of beauty to drive. :) It's amazing how much better the new trans feels compared to the stock worn-out one from the doner car.

And on the pluser side, I paid $500 for the trans, $100 in gas to get it, and once I sell the 2,500 converter that came with it, the tailshaft, dipstick, and the housing, I figure I'll make about $100 off the deal. :) :) :)

No country for Old Men!

Auto Transport Service
Back