• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Headed to Rogers shop this morning.

1967coronet

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:05 AM
Reaction score
Not our Roger , but a local friend here at home.
Roger is 88 , his 51 ford had some bearing noise in the 3 speed.
Rog pulled it with his floor jack about a month ago, put it on his bench and now has the new bearings in it.
He called last night to see if I would come over today and (( help run the jack)) while he puts the trans back in.
You know, I hope I make 88 and still can R&I a trans.
I will try to get a pic but Roger is kinda grumpy on a good day.
:lol:

Hell yeah...THAT is an inspiration to us all.

01 do it.gif

Well we are done, trans and cross member are in. He said he would do the drive shaft , speedo, ect later.
That's Rog on the floor, :lol:
20231217_093302.jpg
20231217_084839.jpg

88 and on his back under the car, no lift. I could do that now at 61, but someone would have to help me off of the floor!! LOL

When I turned fifty the warranty ran out and everything fell apart. Now at 63 I have a great deal of respect for an 88 year old that can get back up off the floor under his own power.
Decades ago when I was a young buck I worked at a few old time ranches in B.C. These were hard core old school ranches where men were men and the sheep were nervous. So much like the ranch in the T.V. series Yellowstone that it is uncanny. We used to make gates out of spruce poles, peeled and held together by pegs and notches. Each was a work of old style craftsmanship like you would never see today. About twelve feet wide, six to eight feet high. They are super heavy. There was an old guy in his eighties named Zeke (yes, his real name) that was supervising the construction of these gates. He was about six feet, perhaps a hundred and sixty pounds. But he was built out of what seemed to be steel cable. A couple of us young guys would pick up one end of the gate and Zeke would effortlessly pick up the other end and we would install it. We were young, healthy, strong ranch hands but Zeke was on an entirely other level. We were in awe of him. He was a super nice, dignified old guy so nobody messed with him but I’m pretty sure that he could have easily dealt with anyone if the need arose. That was the same crew where a guy welched on a bet for a case of beer. The other guy picked him up over his head and slammed him on the ground. The first and only time I’ve ever seen a human bounce. The case of beer was in the bunkhouse at the end of the day. Not a lot of pony tails, man buns, earrings or man purses on these places. At least not for long.

Not our Roger , but a local friend here at home.
You got me all excited for a few seconds there. :lol:

Good to see the older guys are still active and getting their hands dirty. Much like our dear old friend Lloyd out here in NZ.....at 90, he stills plays with tractors and dozers.... and drives some pretty cool cars as well. He's not afraid to do a skid either I am told. :thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back