• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm okay if AL L big money sports go away.

SteveSS

Local time
9:46 AM
Reaction score
I was always of the opinion you should throw a ball in a park rather than sit and watch someone else do it. The primadonnas in sports now make me sick. They are pushing kids through college where they don't belong so the university can cash in then 1 out of 1000 can make as a pro for a few years. Families go broke trying to attend overpriced games.

Go have a picnic with your family and throw a Frisbee.

Totally agree. Or go out into the shop.learn some new skills, work on that car project, and make some progress on that build . . .

I've not watched any sports for years . . . And I never noticed (or realized) that it was not in progress due to this virus shutdown . . . I.e. - I don't miss it one bit

Spending my time on "important" things that matter in "my" life . . .

I was always of the opinion you should throw a ball in a park rather than sit and watch someone else do it. The primadonnas in sports now make me sick. They are pushing kids through college where they don't belong so the university can cash in then 1 out of 1000 can make as a pro for a few years. Families go broke trying to attend overpriced games.

Major league sports are probably the thing I'm least interested in. Yogi Bera, in an interview one time said, "When I was playing ball back in the late 40's and
early 50's, when the baseball season was done, everybody had regular jobs they went back to." Sports are high dollar businesses just like anything else these days.
Major college foot ball coaches make far more money than tenured professors.

Football coaches make more money than professors cause successful football programs make schools money. Univ of Alabama made $177 million from the football program last year. The chemistry professor probably made the university about $17. Can't remember, what was the the chem profs name again?

I think most all the brainwashed robots, players
could almost all go away
I wouldn't care much, bunch of ********, millionaires ******* or Hypocrites

I still love some sports, I was heavily involved in organized sports
until I was like 28 y/o

I still prefer amateur or College to Pro's, fare less douches/elitists

they all ruined the Olympics having Professionals
like USSR/Russia, Germany & China do, just so they could compete & beat the USA

I still love football, it's deeply rooted in my blood
I don't throw it away or give up on stuff I love,
just because a few ********, rich pricks/racists
want to make a political statement,
when they should be thankful for what they do
& the privileges/lifestyles it affords them for doing it
just to play a freaken' game

I don't watch MLB anymore haven't much for the past decade
too much greed, too many strikes among the whiney bitchy millionaires

I can't stand Basketball on any level especially,
I refuse to watch any of it
the Nothing But Assholes

the Not For Long is going that same path
poor leadership, bowing to the pressures of identity politics/media spin BS
is shameful & utterly stupid, to ruin a once great game & pastime

Golf is a 3+ hr walk in the park, you can play the sport they play on TV
same exact rules & all, many of the exact same courses too
(can be pricey)
something you can play for most your whole life
very little douches PC BS in Golf either

Last edited:
Me too.

In the final analysis, big money sports are just entertainment, similar to golf, sport drinking, or our Mopars for instance. When it ceases to be entertaining, and just starts pissing you off to watch it, it’s no longer entertainment. For me, kneeling, social and political pontificating by professional athletes, isn’t something I’m willing to pay for, with either my time or my money.

So when they use their skill as a quarterback, and the platform that goes with it, to bash my moral or social code, I turn it off. This isn’t rocket science; who pays for sh*t they don’t like or enjoy? Nobody. It’s analogous to me going to a PETA meeting, and paying for the experience.

Not gonna happen.

My shirt

20200712_132843.jpg

I eat vegetarians every day. Season opens in September, gonna kill and eat another one.
But about sports...never was a sports person. I would be more on board if society didn’t insist on using them as moral guideposts. ie: You throw a freakin’ ball around for millions of dollars per year. That shouldn’t make you any sort of example of how to do anything other then how to throw a ball around.
Also, watch an interview sometime with any of the guys playing college football or hoops. Most can’t make an intelligible sentence. I’d love to read one of the papers that they would supposedly have to write themselves for their courses.

I've felt the same way for many years.
It's not about the sports. The lack of humility, sense of entitlement and seemingly unrelenting need of a lot of these people to push their agendas, political or otherwise, has become unbearable to me.
Oh, by the way. Shut up, throw the ball like you are paid millions to do and stop celebrating every play like you just won the superbowl!
It's a shame. Who else remembers the FIRST time they walked out of the tunnel to get to your seats and caught sight of that perfectly groomed diamond/grid?
Sorry, I'm done with it.

Never cared never will if you enjoy the sport you shouldn't be payed to play a game!! It's a freaking game no benefit to anyone! I played football in high school I didn't get payed !

Amen brother

...Also, watch an interview sometime with any of the guys playing college football or hoops. Most can’t make an intelligible sentence. I’d love to read one of the papers that they would supposedly have to write themselves for their courses.

The only jobs in the world that pay millions, but don’t require you to read or write at a high school level. If you were in the top 5% at your position, they’d not care if you were illiterate. They’d pay someone $40k a year to spoon feed you the playbook.

I eat vegetarians every day. Season opens in September, gonna kill and eat another one.
But about sports...never was a sports person. I would be more on board if society didn’t insist on using them as moral guideposts. ie: You throw a freakin’ ball around for millions of dollars per year. That shouldn’t make you any sort of example of how to do anything other then how to throw a ball around.
Also, watch an interview sometime with any of the guys playing college football or hoops. Most can’t make an intelligible sentence. I’d love to read one of the papers that they would supposedly have to write themselves for their courses.

20180329_184548.jpg

Glad all you fellas found each other. Support group, feelers, don't ask don't tell. Good on ya! Your lives matter! :hitit:

lol

I have to point out though its not all football and basketball.
My oldest granddaughter is in her 2nd year of college on a softball scholarship she also is a 3.9 student plus works in a grocery store.
She is a base stealing machine. she is taking business and international business for her major. She has worked hard to get were she is starting back in the parks and rec days when the bat was as tall as her lol.
Im just very glad for her that after college she will have a very low student debt.
Sometimes money and sports works like it should.

Turn the big stadiums into circle tracks and let the people have at it!

Auto Transport Service
Back