• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm thinking about making a short movie.

Banjo music and all! The Transgenders, more than meets the eye!

Sooner or later during the filming we're going to need a couple of lesbians with purple hair to flop around just to keep the audience watching..... :lol:

Maybe a character with a wooden leg......can't run fast, can't climb through the window of the "Corporal Punishment" (star car) and can't do much of anything really.

This has taken a turn of which I do not approve.

Or a Cannonball Run (Burt Reynolds style) part 3.5,
think of Police Squad 33.3 with cars & nonames in it...

Is "denim & diamonds" still open in Sacramento,
Country bar dancing music etc. film with your phone in there
go finds some cute cowgirls, willing to do a short flick, sign off on it
have your wife approach them maybe, tell them what you're doing

Cowgirls are a willing type, fun loving friendly types
& not stuck-up sticks in the muds,
like most so-called "ladies today"

If weirdos were to make appearances, they would suffer degrading comments and humiliation.
Myself included.

F73D034E-1215-4A0D-A88B-BBDD300BADEA.gif

With the freedom and creativity one has as an independent, several forms of a "movie" could be made. There are no investors I'd have to listen to in terms of Creative Control or content.
I would have to find a midget first and I know even fewer midgets than I do hot young women.
All of this stuff is outside of my normal circle of friends and family. That would require more research.

View attachment 1660169

you gonna need a casting couch

1715203974530.png

While I’m no saint, I don’t have an ego big enough to put my name on a car or the movie/short.
The “hero car” may be called General Lee 3.
There will be some fun comments and some actual serious comments mixed throughout this thread. Be prepared to wade through it all!
It has been asked why I don’t put the old movies of mine on YouTube.
I felt that they need to be edited better to present better to people other than the people that were actually in the movies. You see, my friends and family were able to sit through the feature because we knew all the players. For a stranger to be willing to sit through a feature and not get bored, the Content needs to be better. I’ve read that often times, moviemakers end up with a feature that is far longer than it needs to be because they feel compelled to put everything in that they filmed. The movies are their creation and they are connected to it all and want to do it justice. Then when it is cut down in length, they usually do agree that the final cut is better even though many scenes are left out.
For LSG2, I made a 17 minute version that was essentially a summary that focuses on the final showdown. I have played that at parties and family gatherings and it was well received.
Again, I’m aware that the acting and production qualities were not professional so the people that saw it could have just been polite when they sat through it. Some of the stuff I want to do would go over the heads of NON car people, car jargon and blue collar guy stuff. I’m okay with that. My goal here is to have fun and involve a few car friends in the process.

For the plot, I need to develop some manner of structure.
I am in no way a professional, I just pattern a plot like a TV show or movie might. There are numerous styles so I'm sure you'd recognize them.
There is the type that starts almost at the dramatic end, then back tracks to the beginning to tell the story.
Then we've seen the type that tells a story through current time and flashbacks.
Some are linear where it is all in real time, each event is shown as it happens.
There are the other surprises. Norman Bates mother being dead all along in Psycho, Bruce Willis being dead all along in The Sixth Sense, Bob Newhart waking up to finding the entire Newhart show was a dream, How about in Fight Club when Ed Norton realizes that he and Brad Pitt are the same guy in Fight Club ?
I don't know how I want to structure this yet. I just have the general outline.
*Mopars (maybe even other classics) are being targeted by some crazed individual, the car owners are attacked while out on the road, cars wrecked, etc.
(Stock footage used, camera trickery employed to display carnage of most cars)
I decide to track and bait the bad guy into attacking me but don't want to risk my nice car so I use a beat up and stripped car I throw together from spare parts.
The showdown takes place and the good guy wins.
There are countless details needed to fill in all the gaps so this will not be a one week project.

Auto Transport Service
Back