• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

In Bonding Moment, Father Teaches Son How To Call Handyman To Fix Faucet

Richard Cranium

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:48 PM
Reaction score
Mar 28, 2024

Article Image

MADISON, WI — Another stitch in the fabric of a local family's tradition was created this week, as a father bonded with his son by teaching him how to call a handyman to fix the faucet.

The father was filled with pride when the time finally came to pass down the valuable knowledge of how to call a professional who knows how to do things men should do that would serve his son well for the rest of his life.

"I knew this day would come, son," the man said with a slight tinge of emotion in his voice. "The faucet is broken. As a man, it's up to you to make sure it gets fixed. Now, let's hit up Google to find a handyman to come take care of it for us because I have no clue what to do."

The man's son looked at him with awe. "Are you sure I'm ready, Dad?" the boy asked.

"Yes, son. I know you are," his father replied proudly. "I've seen how far you've come over the years, and I'm proud to see that you've grown and matured enough to learn how to call a handyman to fix things at your house. It's a rite of passage for every man."

The man then walked his son through the time-honored process of searching online for a handyman who could come fix the problem.

At publishing time, the man was considering the possibility that the time had also come to teach his son how to change a flat tire by making sure his AAA membership was still active.

Mar 28, 2024

View attachment 1637366P

MADISON, WI — Another stitch in the fabric of a local family's tradition was created this week, as a father bonded with his son by teaching him how to call a handyman to fix the faucet.

The father was filled with pride when the time finally came to pass down the valuable knowledge of how to call a professional who knows how to do things men should do that would serve his son well for the rest of his life.

"I knew this day would come, son," the man said with a slight tinge of emotion in his voice. "The faucet is broken. As a man, it's up to you to make sure it gets fixed. Now, let's hit up Google to find a handyman to come take care of it for us because I have no clue what to do."

The man's son looked at him with awe. "Are you sure I'm ready, Dad?" the boy asked.

"Yes, son. I know you are," his father replied proudly. "I've seen how far you've come over the years, and I'm proud to see that you've grown and matured enough to learn how to call a handyman to fix things at your house. It's a rite of passage for every man."

The man then walked his son through the time-honored process of searching online for a handyman who could come fix the problem.

At publishing time, the man was considering the possibility that the time had also come to teach his son how to change a flat tire by making sure his AAA membership was still active.
Holy ****! How true!

:lol:

there's a commercial with a young couple....... the male fails to do a simple repair, and the female declares it's time to call her father.......generation z makes me puke

I think its a gorilla glue commercial

the handy man should bang his old lady while he's there; maybe he can give her the missing O she never had

Well a GOOD dad would've just showed him how to look up the fix on the YooToob like most modern-day "experts"!:D:D

Sad but true. Dad had a sign in the shop. I can repair anything but the crack of dawn. So true glad he pasted that onto 4 sons.
At the same time Mom was teaching us how to cook, do our laundry, and generally not be fuckin slobs.

As a Wisconsinite.......

Madison....

Never mind, carry on.

My son in law called me to tell me how proud he was. He changed the bulb in a lamp without any help. I blame his parents.

My daughter was riding with a young man when he got a flat
When he was trying to call for service my daughter asked do you not have a spare
She showed him how to change a tire
Both my daughters have torque wrench's and know how to use them

Today I stopped by a small (normally one man) shop that's been in business since the 50's... Chuck, the man who's run it since the 70's was no where to be seen.. Instead I met Jorge.. Pretty young guy, turns out he's 28 years old... He came in as a customer when he was 20 years old... At the time he was working in fast food.... He wound up watching Chuck work, took an interest in what was happening & eventually Chuck hired him.... Chuck taught him a trade for two years then offered him a deal to buy the business... Since then Chuck stuck around for another year & still stops by from time to time... And Chuck has made it clear if he needs anything just call... I was impressed to see a young guy with the drive and ambition to take on a technical trade... The shop builds & balances driveshafts plus balancing lots of agricultural equipment...
I was dropping of a driveshaft at around 10 am... He asked how late I would be available to pick it up... He called me at 6 PM on a Friday to let me know it was ready & that if I wanted to pick it up he was gonna be there till around 9 PM....

So there are still guys who aren't afraid of work... But they are harder to find....

Oh, yeah, the reason he was ready to get out of the fast food gig? He was tired of all the other workers spending their day avoiding work while he was hustling...

My daughter was riding with a young man when he got a flat
When he was trying to call for service my daughter asked do you not have a spare
She showed him how to change a tire
Both my daughters have torque wrench's and know how to use them

We had a kid working for us for a while a couple years ago who was just like that. One Monday he groused how he got a flat on his car & it took a couple hours for AAA to show up to put his spare on. Another time, he told us how he went out for a jog/run and was too tired to make it home, so he had to call his mom up to pick him up. :rolleyes:

His employment didn't last.

I had to go help my son in law when he had a flat tire because he couldn’t get the lug nuts off. I put the toy lug wrench on a lug nut and stood on the handle and bounced with my full body weight to bust it loose, then had him do the rest of the lug nuts. It was so simple I’m sure he was embarrassed.

I don’t blame him though, I blame his dad because he never taught his son basic life skills…

When my brother and I had our business, we had people with a ton of money and NO ability to do anything. We had a few I still shake my head at. A man that can't install a cabinet pull on his kitchen cabinets or my favorite, the garage door won't close without hitting the button a few dozen times. It's been going on for over a year. When did it start, when I was cleaning that shelf unit over there between the two doors, four car garage, two double doors. I walk over and align the safety eye on the door, they weren't seeing each other. He knocked it out of alignment when he was cleaning. A year!! His wife thought I was GOD!!! Endless stories...

but they can work that phone like playing an instument :gay:

the pocket size, hand held computer is the downfall

it's not they weren't taught to change a tire; it's an obvious, simple task .......... a monkey could figure it out. They have no interest in any of it.

but they can work that phone like playing an instument :gay:

the pocket size, hand held computer is the downfall

it's not they weren't taught to change a tire; it's an obvious, simple task .......... a monkey could figure it out. They have no interest in any of it.
I taught my son how to change a tire jus look what that turned into:

1711805459729.png

1711805518502.png
1711805868226.png

Last edited:
Friend of mine with an 18 yo wiz son says he can’t cross the street without gps.

We are training a generation of useless people, they relay on others to do basic fixes around the house, not all young people I know that but this is getting ridiculous.

Friend of mine with an 18 yo wiz son says he can’t cross the street without gps.
That reminds me of some delivery drivers. Some time back when lived in Ramona, a driver asked me more some directions to a space number. We lived in a mobile home park. His destination was close to us but I wasn't going to give him the full answer. I said our unit was #..., then one on one side was one less, the other one more. I said "figure it out". The units were all marked with large numbers. Another time I sent the driver back out to near the entrance where there were LARGE SIGNS giving basic directions to unit numbers. Again, "figure it out".

That reminds me of some delivery drivers. Some time back when lived in Ramona, a driver asked me more some directions to a space number. We lived in a mobile home park. His destination was close to us but I wasn't going to give him the full answer. I said our unit was #..., then one on one side was one less, the other one more. I said "figure it out". The units were all marked with large numbers. Another time I sent the driver back out to near the entrance where there were LARGE SIGNS giving basic directions to unit numbers. Again, "figure it out".
Lack of logic and common sense.

Auto Transport Service
Back