• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

In memory of Big Paul

Sorry for your loss Paul, you are a very lucky man to have so many great memories! It is never easy to lose a loved one, I know. I lost my 16 year old son to cancer 17 years ago.

So sorry for your loss Paul . . . I can say that I know your pain as I too lost my pop in 2012 ( wow, hard to believe it was 5+ years ago ) . . . and rarely does a day go by that I don't think about him . . . Remember the good times and keep your chin up ( I'm sure that's what he would have told you to do . . . )

Rest in Peace Big Paul. Sorry for Your loss. I lost both Parents long ago,,, keep Them in Soul, Heart & Mind

So sorry to hear about your father, I lost my father in suddenly in December, so I know what you are going through, its rough, but always remember the good times, as they will prevail over the sad ones!

Paul, thank you for putting this on the forum. I pray that doing so helps you, and it may help us too. It is so cool that you and your dad were able to do so much car stuff together. My dad's past love of cars and the street/weekend warrior racing before I was born up until 1969 when he and my mom bought a B5 blue Roadrunner is a big reason why I am so in to cars. He was a New Orleans policeman and ran down a speeder on I-10 with me and my mom in the Roadrunner! I was 7 years old, and have been a MOPAR man ever since. He won a 1st place trophy with his 65 GTO, and that is the year GTO my wife has. Her goal is to beat his 12.80 winning time. My mom and dad come to see our cars at shows and at the race track....God bless you and give you strength and comfort. Same to all others who have shared their loss here.
I hate that word, Cancer.

Sorry for you loss Paul! Looks like he lived a great life and passed on a wonderful legacy.

My condolences to you and your family on the loss of your dad! Great that you have all those wonderful memories, they will carry you during this dark time. And that fact that people on this forum sending these condolences hopefully show you that you are not alone! Give your sadness to the Lord, and lean on Him!

Very challenging time for you. Very sorry you have to experience all these losses. Eternal life will bring you back together one day if you have faith. That is the one thing that's binding forever. God bless.

Sorry for your loss. This month will be 20 years that I lost my dad to brain cancer. Seems like yesterday. I still think about him every day too. And I can relate to you about tearing up writing this. Wish I could tell you the pain goes away but for me it just became a dull ache.

Paul, sorry for your loss and thank you for sharing a wonderful story!

Sorry to here of your lose
They've gained a good man upstairs he's probably
driving a Hemi Cuda in Heaven!

The loss hurts, I know. Many of us have been through the same thing. I lost my Dad when he was 54 due to liver cancer. I was 28. It is very strange to be a young adult and lose a parent. You feel as if you are now the "elder", the one people will lean on, look to for help, etc.
The best that we can hope for in life is to live fully, love completely and leave behind some positive memories in the love ones we leave behind. Paul, it looks like your Father was a success in all three.

I'm in tears as I read your thread.I wish my pop were into cars,I bought him a left handed screwdriver and he thanked me cause he was a lefty.My parents are long gone and lost my older brother to brain cancer,he was gone one month after diag:(
My parents taught me as they both went out the slow way that TIME waits for no one.I am feeling your pain as it stirred up emotions that I try to keep locked up,but sometimes they just creep out.
RIP BIG PAUL:usflag: and prayers to all he left behind:praying:

Last edited:
My condolences. 10 years on since my dad passed & 5 years for my mom. You never forget them.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I really have no words to comfort you as I'm not very good at those things. But know this, your not alone. I'm an orphan too....

Auto Transport Service
Back