• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB In search of the elusive 971 Oil Pan

Status
Not open for further replies.

RacerX

Local time
9:32 AM
Reaction score
Looking for a 971 oil pan in good condition...

Anything out there?

Thanks!

Check 440 source
Well priced and great quality. Great overall people

Check 440 source
Well priced and great quality. Great overall people

Another thread talked about the pan at 440 source and how on the website it looks compatible
but the pan they received was more like the C body pan and didn't fit as well as they had hoped.

Does anyone have any experience using the 440source pan in a 73-up B-body?

Last edited:
Got this info from another site.

If anyone needs a 971 pan, just order up P5007807AB.

Matching 3/8 pickup tube assy is P5007848.

Here it is on Mancini's site. https://www.manciniracing.com/38censum.html

Here is the pickup tube. https://www.manciniracing.com/mooilpiandsc.html

The brand new one sold as P5007807AB is my first choice for a pan but it is sold out everywhere
and is discontinued by mopar so we probably won't see any more of them. I've searched all over
the net for that one and come up dry. :-(

A 971 pan IS a C body pan.

It is the holy grail pan for putting a big block in an A body.

For a B body, they work equally as well, but why pay a premium when a "regular" "402" pan will work?

A 971 pan IS a C body pan.

It is the holy grail pan for putting a big block in an A body.

For a B body, they work equally as well, but why pay a premium when a "regular" "402" pan will work?

The 971 pan is exclusive to big block B-body cars from 1973 to the end of the run in 1978.
It was not used on C body cars. I have heard it is popular for big block A body swaps so that could be
a reason it is so hard to find.

The 402 has the sump even further forward than the 699 and will probably interfere with the K frame.

I know without a doubt that the 971 will fit my car because that it what it was born with but
I am willing to try a different pan if it will fit in the 74 Roadrunner and not contact the K frame or
the steering linkage.

971.jpg

The 971 pan is exclusive to big block B-body cars from 1973 to the end of the run in 1978.
It was not used on C body cars. I have heard it is popular for big block A body swaps so that could be
a reason it is so hard to find.

The 402 has the sump even further forward than the 699 and will probably interfere with the K frame.

I know without a doubt that the 971 will fit my car because that it what it was born with but
I am willing to try a different pan if it will fit in the 74 Roadrunner and not contact the K frame or
the steering linkage.

This is correct. A 402 or hemi pans with the same location sump will hit the k-frame on a 73-up B-Body.

Dang it I was thinking of the 187 pan

I have two NOS here in Sweden, if I can come to FL in November I can bring them with me, but I don't know if boarders are open until then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back