• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

In tank fuel pump

b569rr

Local time
4:09 AM
Reaction score
The car is a '69 road runner with a 630ish hp RB going in. I need to upgrade the fuel system and was wondering if anyone has installed an in-tank pump in their factory fuel tank like the aeromotive 340 and did you like it.

Tom

Last edited:
I have done a lot of research on the subject and although I have no first hand experience I plan on going with the Aeromotive Phantom System, seems like the cats meow to me. :headbang: :headbang:

I haven't tried it yet either, it's probably what I'd go with if I was to do it over thou

Its the best way to run an electric pump and if you run this pump gas of today its even better. It will give a perfect suction side and you wont have to worry about any cavitation on the input side. Heck if someone makes one that would work on my 63's stock tank I may consider it one day. Ron

I put the duel phantom in my fuel cell. Really easy. Have you looked into www.tanksinc.com. They sell a factory gas tank for your Roadrunner that is ready for the intake pump for 245.00 and the 650 HP pump is 210.00 There in tank pumps are about half the price of Aeromotive. The pumps are Walbro pump which are really good.You could do a new tank and pump for about 500.00 dollars. My duel phantom was almost 700.00 If I would have found tanks inc first I would not be running an Aeromotive pump.

Thanks Joe. I like the looks of the tanksinc. product. I'm going to give them a call.

A friend of mine just installed the 340 gpm Aeromotive in tank retrofit kit and it works well. He did say he had to lower the tank about a half inch for the head plumbing with longer hanger bolts, but have not seen it yet myself.

Tom

Tanksinc.com doesn't make the EFI tank I need. Looks like we're gonna have to do it ourselves.

Bouchillon Performance Inc has a direct replacement tank made in Canada that has the in tank pump. I put one in my 68 Charger that I am happy with so far. Spendy at 600.00 but it is an option if you don't want to cut and weld on your tank.
Bouchillon Performance Engineering - BPE USA - drivetrain kits

Walbro 040 is a in tank pump with its own screen on the bottom, have used it before, it's more for fuel injection but with a regulator can control it. Can modify the factory one, even run two if you want rated at 300gph

Walbro 040 is a in tank pump with its own screen on the bottom, have used it before, it's more for fuel injection but with a regulator can control it. Can modify the factory one, even run two if you want rated at 300gph

I installed a '69 RR tank, from Tanksinc. I installed the 400lph in tank pump. It was a fairly strightforward install. I haven't tested it yet because the engine is not in, but I'm happy with the fit and all. Cost about $600 bucks for the tank, neck, cap, filter, plumbing, ss braided hoses 1/2", gas tank blanket.
I re-used the 2 gas tank straps.

Well I hit the tanks inc tank, pump and sender for about $600 to my door. Install was straight forward. Tank is powdercoated also. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back