• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Increasing Prices …

I was told it will drop to about 20 dollars and probably stay there.

I need 50 sheet osb and a 150 studs. The money is one thing, but, being looked at as stupid is another thing. If everyone just stopped buying for a few weeks, it would end.

I drive a truck and switched to flatbed 3 months ago because the rates are so high. There isn't a shortage of building materials, there's a shortage of truck drivers. OOIDA or the owner operators association, says the industry is down over 30 percent. People don't want to work.
As for Canadian lumber, CanFor ships the majority of their lumber by rail. I have loaded it many times in Palmer Massachusetts and they take it right off the train.
Is it time to buy a truck and be a owner/operator? Id want to do just local runs, im in MN. If so, whats the best to haul?

Is it time to buy a truck and be a owner/operator? Id want to do just local runs, im in MN. If so, whats the best to haul?
No, don't do it. That's my advice to everyone that wants to buy a truck and be an O/O. Too volatile an industry, especially for a newcomer. And local O/O gigs are near impossible to find unless you buy a dump truck. But then you're competing against the large companies that monopolize the industry.

Increases my ***. IT HAS JUST BEEN OFFICIALLY announced that Americans will all be saving 16 cents on your 4th of July cook out!!!! **** YEAH I think with all that savings I am gonna go on an extra Vacation this year and do some remodeling on our home and put the rest in the bank!!

Increases my ***. IT HAS JUST BEEN OFFICIALLY announced that Americans will all be saving 16 cents on your 4th of July cook out!!!! **** YEAH I think with all that savings I am gonna go on an extra Vacation this year and do some remodeling on our home and put the rest in the bank!!
I read that also.
What a load of crap

:rofl:

No, don't do it. That's my advice to everyone that wants to buy a truck and be an O/O. Too volatile an industry, especially for a newcomer. And local O/O gigs are near impossible to find unless you buy a dump truck. But then you're competing against the large companies that monopolize the industry.
A friend of mine owns a 'small' trucking company and well, I've sold a few of his trucks when things went sour before the pandemic but I sold some whenever he bought new ones. It has it's ups and downs but looks like things are going to suck for awhile here. Right now his only truck is a newer Dodge 4500 and he has a couple of trailers but everything big (18 wheelers etc) is gone. The last truck I sold for him was a Hino L series iirc about 2 years ago. Kind of glad to see that bastard gone as it rode like crap empty with the leaf spring suspension on it. The company that bought it was out of CA and a driver flew in to pick it up. He called me to say he thought he was about to go through the windshield when he went through a dip on I-10 in west Texas on the way back doing 80 lol. He said it bucked worse than any bull he had ever been on! Man, that thing must have been pulling some rpm! :D

Auto Transport Service
Back