• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Info needed for seat belt disassembling

Grabbergreendream

Local time
5:39 AM
Reaction score
I am in the process of trying to get my seatbelts cleaned up so when it's time they will be ready. These are the button-style belts, original to my 71 Satty. I want to remove the plastic cover on the buckles & give them a good cleaning, lube them up & get them working flawlessly. I poked around with a screwdriver and am worried I may damage the cover so before I went any further I figured I'd ask for advice. I checked a few different places for old threads or pics of these with the covers off & came up with nothing. My belts are in good shape, the webbing just a bit faded but have dyed a set of belts in the past with great success so thats not an issue. This is not a show car... Just need info on how to remove the cover. Thanks in advance.
John

lube them up

Maybe your year is different but the earlier buckles use NO lube.

I've cleaned many by just soaking them in a bucket of washing detergent and giving them a scrub, a good rinse then hanging on a line to dry on a nice day. Hang them buckles up so the water runs away from the buckles - not down into them.

Auto Transport Service
Back