• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Info Needed

The Rebel

Local time
1:36 PM
Reaction score
Hey guys, was busy this weekend & cleaned up these parts. Any idea's what the numbers mean. Also any idea how old they are, probably been on the car since the late 70's early 80's.

20200614_120004[1].jpg
20200614_120017[1].jpg
20200614_130820[1].jpg
20200614_130828[1].jpg

The blue one is the Mopar-produced electronic voltage regulator specifically made to fit in place
of the old points style ones from the 60's, including using the original wiring harness of the car.
A Direct Connection/Mopar Performance piece, hence the "P" prefix on the part number.
Still sold today.

The other sure looks like the mopar gold ignition box. If it is, and its still running it's a miracle, cause it was a race-only piece, supposedly a nine grand rpm box. I had one, looked just like that, with the big heat sink. Mine lasted less than a year. Google mopar gold ignition box.
On sale at mancini for $165. Considering my previous personal experience, i wouldn't buy a new or used one.
Edit: supposedly a Twelve grand rpm box hahahahahahah.

Last edited:
Pretty sure that voltage regulator is also a race only piece. Constant 14 volts and if so it's worthless in a street car. Think boiled battery!

Thanks guys. Both of these work and were installed on my car when I bought it 3 years ago. I still have them installed and have had no battery issues or electrical issues. I don't race the car on a track I just stick to the streets.

Thanks guys. Both of these work and were installed on my car when I bought it 3 years ago. I still have them installed and have had no battery issues or electrical issues. I don't race the car on a track I just stick to the streets.
Watch it close, if it's a constant voltage regulator, on a long trip it will fry that battery

Auto Transport Service
Back