Inner fender assembly/ gravel shields

Exterior Body, Paint, Trim, Chrome

1. Mocajava

Mocajava FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
    9:08 PM
    Been putting my 69 Coronet together and the inner fender shield which sits at the back of the fender, about 30" high sheet metal, has me scratching my head. There are three main bolts that hold it in place plus the rubber "U" shaped seal/piece at the top. But there are three oversized holes mid piece that line up with corresponding smaller holes …..I have no idea if it is a screw, a special clip or one of those hard rubber posts with an oversized head that goes in there? I looked at the FSM but deciphering those diagrams is getting me nowhere. Thought I would ask the experts what pieces I am looking for so I can start digging in my vast container of bolts, screws and special clips. Any idea or pictures would be appreciated. gentlemen.

2. dadsbee

dadsbee FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
    10:08 PM
    My old and new AMD. Three round large holes get the 10-32 bolt with the LARGE washer. Bottom slot is for 5/16 body bolt/washer into the welded in nut on the firewall. Top hole/slot is for body bolt that goes into clip nut on fender flange.
    beerestorationfall2018 1163.JPG beerestorationfall2018 1245.JPG beerestorationfall2018 1170.JPG

• Agree Agree x 1
    • 3white74

3white74 FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
      10:08 PM
      They are a smaller fasteners....with bigger washers built in......can get them from megaparts....r/t specialties.....or they come in the new AMD fender bolt kit for 68-70 bbodies

• moparnation74

moparnation74 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      9:08 PM
    1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
      By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.