• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Inner fender assembly/ gravel shields

Mocajava

Local time
12:43 PM
Reaction score
Been putting my 69 Coronet together and the inner fender shield which sits at the back of the fender, about 30" high sheet metal, has me scratching my head. There are three main bolts that hold it in place plus the rubber "U" shaped seal/piece at the top. But there are three oversized holes mid piece that line up with corresponding smaller holes …..I have no idea if it is a screw, a special clip or one of those hard rubber posts with an oversized head that goes in there? I looked at the FSM but deciphering those diagrams is getting me nowhere. Thought I would ask the experts what pieces I am looking for so I can start digging in my vast container of bolts, screws and special clips. Any idea or pictures would be appreciated. gentlemen.

My old and new AMD. Three round large holes get the 10-32 bolt with the LARGE washer. Bottom slot is for 5/16 body bolt/washer into the welded in nut on the firewall. Top hole/slot is for body bolt that goes into clip nut on fender flange.
beerestorationfall2018 1163.JPG
beerestorationfall2018 1245.JPG
beerestorationfall2018 1170.JPG

They are a smaller fasteners....with bigger washers built in......can get them from megaparts....r/t specialties.....or they come in the new AMD fender bolt kit for 68-70 bbodies

Auto Transport Service
Back