• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Insane parts prices!

So the pricing ruffled some feathers. Since I have not seen any of these doors for sale anywhere for a long time to compare pricing, I figured they are in the unobtainable category. Looking at the ridiculous pricing of everything mopar related lately, especially 1 year only stuff, I put an equally ridiculous price on these items so the guys that want everything for nothing would stay away. Now if someone is serious the ad does say or best offer.

Yeah, I saw those ads too. Methinks he is trying to fund his retirement. Those prices are "above and beyond" crazy. As it has already been mentioned...they wont sell. King Midas will have to price them accordingly at that point.
Vipers a whole new ball game. Almost everything is NS-1 and parts were already ridiculous from the factory. Headlights were $1000+ each new. Front fenders $3k each, Gen 3-4 hood $3k, bumper $3k. Clamshell hood was even more (Gen 1-2). Lots of crashed vipers for parts but 90% are front end and all those parts die. Now $10k for headlights is a new level of crazy but these guys can ask all they want, the market will determine what the right price will be. Luckily my headlights survived.

55871425-AF1C-45A7-8030-4B1F295D6ABF.jpeg

Makes me glad I don't physically fit in a Viper.

...and I ain't fat.

6'3" 195#

Eyeline over the windshield and the door won't physically close.

same problems in a miata despite the Viper being a larger body.

If I could get the door closed, I'd look like a gorilla riding a tricycle.

That '70 Charger 500 taillight trim panel is one example of a seller that was out of touch. $600 for a piece that needs to be straightened and painted.
Yes, it is a one year only part that is not reproduced. I get that but Apparently the market decided that the pricing was too high because the seller reduces the price to a point where someone stepped up.
Yep I pm him and we talked twice told him I was concern on packaging, now crickets. Got to love it.

Yep I pm him and we talked twice told him I was concern on packaging, now crickets. Got to love it.
I just picked one up, ding and dent free. Just needs repainted for $40.00. $600.00 is just nuts.

...and I ain't fat.

6'3" 195#

Eyeline over the windshield and the door won't physically close.

same problems in a miata despite the Viper being a larger body.

If I could get the door closed, I'd look like a gorilla riding a tricycle.

I'm the same build, it broke my heart when I found out I couldn't fit in my dream cars (perhaps with special modifications). Jaguar XK8 - sort of fit but the key was right in my knee. Too tight to drive safely. C5 Corvette - steering wheel had to be tilted up to the point that it was nearly horizontal, like a semi. I don't think it's supposed to be driven that way.

So the pricing ruffled some feathers. Since I have not seen any of these doors for sale anywhere for a long time to compare pricing, I figured they are in the unobtainable category. Looking at the ridiculous pricing of everything mopar related lately, especially 1 year only stuff, I put an equally ridiculous price on these items so the guys that want everything for nothing would stay away. Now if someone is serious the ad does say or best offer.
There's a difference between making the guys who want everything for nothing stay away,and scaring away any and every potential buyer! I am glad I have everything I need already, I wouldn't want to pay even realistic market prices for these items!

20221107_101507.jpg

20221003_225051.jpg

20220821_144909.jpg

20220619_120225.jpg

20200527_211255.jpg

20210726_160129.jpg

20200807_182410.jpg

Last edited:
I was just over on Moparts and parts asking prices are effing insane! Tony has a bunch of e body convertible parts on there, and holy sh*t $3295 for a convertible top frame! Thousands for the inside windshield moldings, thousands for interior rear panels! Just crazy! Another guy who has been trying to sell his NOS Cuda convertible rear quarter panel for $15,000 for more than 15 years is still trying to sell it for the same price! The same guy has a single Challenger convertible interior rear inner panel for a car with power windows wants 5 grand for a single plastic interior panel! People have completely lost their minds!

Yeah: If you talk to these vendors they will tell you that they're god's gift to the hobby. In reality people just get disgusted and move away from the hobby. I love a lot of other cars not just old Mopars, I prefer muscle mopars but I have no problem building a Model A Ford if I want to either.
On the other hand I've sold parts myself to people who give you a sob story and then they turn around and sell it a week later at double the price so in a way I can't blame them for trying for the high price.
In the end just don't buy it if the price seems too high for you.

If these parts are really changing hands at these prices, I need to part out every car I own and retire on a beach somewhere!

You echo what I wonder at Carlisle nearly every year, I'd love to know the "asking price" vs the selling price of a lot of parts and cars seen there. I sometimes suspect that there is a large difference. Or hope that there is. :praying:

Auto Transport Service
Back