• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Inside painted metal color in Glove Box — same as dash?

mrmolding

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:20 PM
Reaction score
I’ve been looking at a fair amount of posts but I can’t figure out if I continue the same suede black. I have a 70 RR with suede black so does the inside of the glove box get the same suede or more of a semi gloss black? I’m talking about the metal part when you open the door with the circles. Thanks in advance!

The backside of the glovebox door is a semi gloss black on all, I believe.

The backside of the glovebox door is a semi gloss black on all, I believe.
Thanks!!! So that’s how it is now but you can tell that someone did a quick job repaint years ago. I’ve been wondering which is right. I appreciate the help!

Pretty sure it all got painted the same. My ‘71 was the same texture and color, inside and out.

From a production line stand point, it would make no sense to complicate things by having two different textures on different sides of the same part.

70 does not use the suede on the inside of glove box door. It is more of a semi gloss. I use SEM semi gloss black when a re-shoot this part for my restorations.

70 does not use the suede on the inside of glove box door. It is more of a semi gloss. I use SEM semi gloss black when a re-shoot this part for my restorations.
Great! Thanks!

Auto Transport Service
Back