• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Install hood hinges

subforry

Local time
5:00 AM
Reaction score
Hi all,

Thought I would share my experience installing new hood hinges. My right hinge pin was failing. I ordered these

Auto Metal Direct Hood Hinges 310-1468-P​

Glad I got the pair since the left seem bent.

I used some wood, clamp, and towels to hold the hood in place while I swapped each hinge.

The lower rear bolt is fixed in the body, the hinge can move up and down.
The font bolt adjusts the height at the cowl: raising the hinge up lowers the hood. This is a key piece of information I found on the forum.
The front to back and parallel alignment with the fenders was done using the bolts at the hood.

One tip is to close the hood all the way before deciding if the height is correct. I thought I had it spot on, until I latched the hood.

Currently it is close but one side is to too high the other is too low, it should be moved forward. Later I plan to return try again.

20230123_102720.JPG

20230123_102707.JPG

20230123_095359.JPG

20230123_095341.JPG

Note that the hood itself can be moved up or down as there is some slop in the hinge slots.
I always have a helper lift slightly on the hood with the front bolt somewhat tight then tighten the rear.

I really recommend upgrading the to a dual reservoir master cylinder...

I really recommend upgrading the to a dual reservoir master cylinder...
Now that the hood hinge is not going to kill me, and I have inspected the front wheels and suspension, brakes are next.

Along with a dual circuit MC, I am thinking of going with a disc conversion.

Auto Transport Service
Back