• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Installed Tail Light Assembly

67 Mopar

Local time
2:10 PM
Reaction score
I installed the tail light assembly on the Charger today utilizing a "Full Set" of OEM style gaskets that I made myself
dance

Still have to attach the last piece to the deck lid though... maybe later today, or tomorrow.

Oh yeah, I installed the trunk lock first
think

Assembly.jpg

IMG_7560.JPG

IMG_7562.JPG

IMG_7574.jpg

IMG_7573.jpg

IMG_7572.JPG

Nice work ! :thumbsup:

What did you use for the upper long piece? I'm thinking the 64 polara guys could use it too..

The gasket for the long upper piece of the assembly is an appropriately sized U-channel rubber. The trim piece for the deck lid never had a gasket from the factory, but I will be adding one. I'm thinking about using a strip of 3M Automotive Trim Tape there.

Added the piece to the deck lid the other day utilizing a strip of the 3M Auto Molding Trim Tape

IMG_7578.jpg

Lookin good!
Do you have a side pic of the whole car?

Hey all...

For those of you considering getting these gaskets from 67 Mopar (Mike), do it!

I picked up the upper and lower gaskets. Not only does he do a nice job on previously unavailable pieces, but he goes out of his way with help/information. He originally spent the money and made the molds so that he would have these for his car. He's generously making them available to us...take advantage while they're available. Mike's a great guy, support him.

Tom

I PM'ed Mike weels ago and asked how much for a set and he never replied. So I assumed he wasn't selling the gaskets. How do I get in touch with him?

I PM'ed Mike weels ago and asked how much for a set and he never replied. So I assumed he wasn't selling the gaskets. How do I get in touch with him?

:eek: Sorry, but the fact of the matter is that I have not received a single PM from anyone here except Tom (Rebellion)??? Perhaps the forum PM system had a hiccup? I did send a PM to one member (myfeather626) who had made an on line inquiry.
I'll shoot you a PM now Dean :thumbsup:

Screen Shot 2023-11-03 at 7.40.57 AM.jpg

Last edited:
Lookin good!
Do you have a side pic of the whole car?
Sorry for the extreme delay! This is the only side shot I have at the moment.
The colors (White & Gold) each look different under various lighting conditions.
I drew the design for the Rocker Stripe by hand and had a template made for painting it on the chassis. The pin striping is all done by hand as well. Lots of small details inside & out.

IMGP2500.jpg

IMG_4519.JPG

IMG_3644.JPG

IMG_3699s.jpg

IMG_3702.JPG

I installed the tail light assembly on the Charger today utilizing a "Full Set" of OEM style gaskets that I made myself
dance

Still have to attach the last piece to the deck lid though... maybe later today, or tomorrow.

Oh yeah, I installed the trunk lock first
think

View attachment 1545273

View attachment 1545274

View attachment 1545275

View attachment 1545278

View attachment 1545279

View attachment 1545280
So how are the chrome bezels attached? Are they glued on or do the Light lenses hold them down. I'm going to replace mine and I want to know what I'm getting into.

The chrome trim pieces are screwed to the rear housing, sandwiching the lens between the housing and the trim. There are a number of gaskets involved obviously... a foam gasket at the back of the housing, another higher density foam gasket on the front of the housing where the lens sit, and of course the 4 gaskets that sit between the body and the chrome trim pieces themselves. It all gets put together out of place then attached to the car as one big fully assembled unit.
The housing gaskets are available, but the gaskets for the actual Chrome Trim surround pieces are not available with the exception of the outer "C" trims which "sometimes" come with gaskets if purchased as a kit. I made molds for all four of the trim gaskets however, so if you find yourself in need of one, two, or all four, just give me a shout on the PM system, or shoot me an email at [email protected]

Screen Shot 2022-07-07 at 3.16.50 PM.png

Auto Transport Service
Back