• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Installing Legendary 70 Charger Seat Covers

70BurntRt

Local time
11:32 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone have any advise or tips on installing Legendary seat covers with new foam on a 70 Charger? I’ve seen the videos on YouTube but they are not specific to the 70 Charger. The problem is the bottom foam is wider, rises up on the sides, grooves are in the place and need to be cut and the bottom front need to be built up for proper shape. I was hoping someone might have already gone through this and could give me some insight on what need to done to make it look right.
0C33AFC4-3FB7-42A7-AD1A-6282BA63A5ED.jpeg
1BE32B00-86C7-4C66-BF03-2148EB86446F.jpeg
22D0EFD5-87F9-40B0-BDED-1E09DF21DAD0.jpeg
31B7B774-95DF-4949-9D2A-C9D22C22BE88.jpeg

I saw your write up but your seats don’t look like mine. Mine look to high on the side and to low in the front. Did you add any foam to the front of your bottom foam?

The issue with the seat bottoms is that there is no front slot molded in like the originals so that metal rod doesn't pull the material taut across the front of the seat bottom. I fixed that by cutting a slot in the location (16" from the back) so that metal piece can sit down in the foam not on the foam.

I did that also but I just didn’t complete the cover install in the picture because I didn’t like the way it looked in the front and thought it might need more foam as legendary suggested.

Anything is possible. They may have even changed the part from back when I did my seats. The part number I used is below.

MF70CBLJSET-70/71 A/E body seat foam (70
Charger/Coronet w/modifications)

I just finished mine and didn't add more foam. You can be the judge.

DSC03039.JPG DSC03040.JPG DSC03047.JPG

I like yours and I’d would be ok if mine look like that but I don’t think my foams are the same shape as yours. How long ago did do you do your seats?

Electric carving knife works great to shape the foam if it's too big. If you need to build up some, glue on pieces of a similar density foam and go a little bigger so you can shave it to the shape you want.

I like yours and I’d would be ok if mine look like that but I don’t think my foams are the same shape as yours. How long ago did do you do your seats?
2 months ago. The foams appear to be identical to yours.

Do the listing wires hog ring thru the slots in the foam on that style of seat? I know if I was doing it I would add a little foam to the middle front with spray glue, trim it with a a turkey carving knife and sand it with coarse paper. I would also cut that front slot to gain definition in the cover.

The listing wires go through the seat foam. They’re just in the wrong place on sides and you have to cut new ones on sides and front. Legendary also tells me to add foam in front. I guess I need to get some more foam and an carving knife and give it shot.

Looking at this photo seems like the new foam isn’t really for your seats. It might be what they are selling you but its wrong. Clearly this wrong for the listing wires on the front and sides. And the front for sure isn’t high enough. For the price these things cost they should really fit better. Jo Ann sell chunks of foam you can cut and add if you go that route

A39E0CAD-BFCA-4711-8DEE-0CA814C3B2F4.jpeg

I went to Joann fabrics and got a bunch of foam to rework the bottoms. This is all that Legendary sells for a 70 Charger. When I bought these I thought they were exact reproduction but they’re not. They tell me this is all that is available for a 70 Charger and you have to rework it yourself.

99C2D7A4-683E-4F1D-99E8-F7D0114DF172.jpeg
8C51519C-B753-47DE-8FBA-0C3BBE51E972.jpeg
I worked on them last night. We’ll see how is it looks when I get the covers back on.

Auto Transport Service
Back