• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interesting '67 GTX tailpipe routing

1MYTGTX

Local time
5:00 AM
Reaction score
I know the tailpipes are tight on a '67 but they seem to have come up with a solution!

1967 Plymouth GTX

1714651163544.png

But I'm used to seeing them splay outwards not in.
It just seems backwards and wrong to me.
(And I'm not really a purist either...)

Probably a GM guy came up with that. Not to crazy about the tips angling in. I grew up in the 60s and the 67 GTX with the exhaust tips angling to the outside was one of their most distinctive, unique and timeless details of the model.

IMG_0592.jpeg

Looks odd and not sure how safe is it to run them btw the leafs. Why wouldn’t the pipes be run along the fuel tank like they were - run?

Probably a GM guy came up with that. Not to crazy about the tips angling in. I grew up in the 60s and the 67 GTX with the exhaust tips angling to the outside was one of their most distinctive, unique and timeless details of the model.

View attachment 1656635
Agreed 100%, anything else, is ,,,, just seems wrong

Is the 67 plymouth B body smaller in width than the 67 dodge B ?
I ran 2 1/2" Flow master pipes between the springs and tank on my Coronet.
20230916_175938.jpg

If I were running bigger pipes and could not fit them between the tank and hanger, then I would at least run them straight back after going over the spring rather than angling it back over. It would look much better.

I have 2.5" TTI as well and they fit....snug but they fit... Just thought it was funny when I saw the pic

Auto Transport Service
Back