• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interesting weather day yesterday.....

Cranky

Banned Henchman #27
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:58 AM
Reaction score
And that's putting it mildly. The weather guessers said tornadoes likely to the south and west of here but they were just about on top of me. Luckily it was only an EF2 based on damage but no damage to anything here. The folks just up the road got hammered. And seems to be the thing was on the ground for a good 20 miles or more. I knew something was close when the rain was straight lining but had no idea just how bad it was until seeing vid on the news and they mentioned places that are close by. So far no reports of deaths and only minor injuries.....

Texas weather is fun! Snow, ice, tornadoes all in one day :drinks:
Low 40's here this morning and is supposed to be within freezing temps next morning or two. And this is the biggest tornado to come though here....at least in my lifetime.

We got snow last evening, but it melted as it hit the ground.

And that's putting it mildly. The weather guessers said tornadoes likely to the south and west of here but they were just about on top of me. Luckily it was only an EF2 based on damage but no damage to anything here. The folks just up the road got hammered. And seems to be the thing was on the ground for a good 20 miles or more. I knew something was close when the rain was straight lining but had no idea just how bad it was until seeing vid on the news and they mentioned places that are close by. So far no reports of deaths and only minor injuries.....
Thank God no one was killed or seriously hurt. Mother Nature is gonna do what she wants to do. Glad you weren’t affected.

Woke up to this this morning.
20230125_083608.jpg

Deer Park or Pasadena? Saw that on the news, it looked nasty. I'm in Cypress and the tornado warning went right over my house while I was at work in the energy corridor. Luckily it was just heavy rain. Was watching it on my Wyze cameras.

I saw this radar image during the tornado in another forum. It said the tornado shows up like that because of wind and debris.
63yRRuTuzyUpvZdXqrwRhifUt8N7i5Jf1DIv1K1Q8MM.png

h0Xwbr9.jpg

Deer Park or Pasadena? Saw that on the news, it looked nasty. I'm in Cypress and the tornado warning went right over my house while I was at work in the energy corridor. Luckily it was just heavy rain. Was watching it on my Wyze cameras.
I'm in Pasadena but right in a corner that borders DP and LaPorte. Close enough to get high wind and straight line rain. I guestimate 60 mph wind at least with gusts upwards of 70+. I'm glad my shop carport is strapped down because that wind was coming out of the south as the tornado was traveling ESE and to the north of here.

I'm in Pasadena but right in a corner that borders DP and LaPorte. Close enough to get high wind and straight line rain. I guestimate 60 mph wind at least with gusts upwards of 70+. I'm glad my shop carport is strapped down because that wind was coming out of the south as the tornado was traveling ESE and to the north of here.
Most importantly, glad you're ok.

I did mention it in another weather thread...

glad you faired well

Woke up one morning after staying at my lake house to see 22 inches of snow. I wish I had a picture of my dock pushed down in the water about 10 inches with all that snow on the roof. The wave runner and boat hoist help hold it up, they were attached to the dock. Both my wave runners and boat were on their hoists at the time.
My dock in the summer while working on my house. The dock was 28 x 44.
PICT0210 (2).JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back