• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interior paint information

John H

Local time
2:34 AM
Reaction score
Hey,
Looking for paint recommendations for my back seat side panels (plastic) and the front doors upper steel panels. I have a 67 Coronet drop top with a black interior.

SEM "landau black" on the plastic. Standard automotive on the steel for the best durability.

SEM could be great, just that I haven't used it, used Herb's and happy with the results.

Might be the same with a label change?????

Might be the same with a label change?????
Wouldn't be the first time or the 10,000th. Having been in many processing plants on the job, wasn't unusual to see the same product being filled into containers - only the labels were different.

Who manufactures SEM? Herb's is AMS Obsolete.

SEM is widely available - no "ordering online", paying shipping, long waits, etc, etc.. It lays out beautifully. Coverage with a single coat meaning you don't lose the definition of the grain in the plastic parts. Touch-ups blend without a trace. "Landau black" is a perfect match to Mopar black interior plastic and soft parts. What's not to like ?!?!

Yes, black is an easy match. I had a harder time with most of my interior being gold.

You would be better with two part paint sem and aerosol bombs wear off quick want to know more hit me up and I have additive for texture coating all plastic dash,steering column and all the seat back metal panels

Auto Transport Service
Back