• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interior paint

Shaggyracer

Local time
2:23 PM
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I need to repaint the plastic interior pieces of my 1974 Charger. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to use?

I've used Herb's paints been happy with them after using other brands.

Herb's seems to have a good product line, but if you have a hard to match color,
call Vinyl Pro in Marrietta Ga. The matched some SEM paint/dye for my interrior that no one else had!

I've also used the OER paints from Classic Industries - very good match, works well, but their chart is inaccurate on some applications.

I have used SEM Marine vinyl coat flexible coating , worked well . Doesn't come in a lot of colors.

Herb's seems to have a good product line, but if you have a hard to match color,
call Vinyl Pro in Marrietta Ga. The matched some SEM paint/dye for my interrior that no one else had!
Just plain black for me! Thank you!

Great thank you!
I'm sure there are other good products as posted; but was happy with Herb's interior paint (crimson red) for good match for my modified leather console, visors, and new rear panels. Only thing is don't use cleaners containing alcohol on it...

I used SEM's line of products on my black interior panels and they have held up well. It must be nearly 20 years since I painted my interior.

Just did a complete interior plastic set and they look brand new. I myself used SEM in Landau Black

20220725_210505.jpg

20220725_210824.jpg

Anyone have any luck matching the gold color used in this case on a '73 Charger console and rest of the interior? If so, what product and part number? Attached photo shows color I'm trying to match.

Capture.PNG

Auto Transport Service
Back