• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interior rear window trim

Most of the headliners sold by the larger vendors are manufactured by Acme. Years ago, Acme even had some NOS material to make up the headliners. Now they pretty much only sell the NOS material to Legendary. SMS also supplies headliners. They are quite pricey and the turn around time can be quite lengthy as compared to the others. No matter who you decide to purchase from, it is likely that the item may be on back order for a couple of weeks. The market has grown so that Acme now only sells to it's network of dealers. Hopefully you can ask your preferred supplier who is manufacturer of the piece. Depending upon the body style of the car, some of the headliners fit better depending upon the manufacturer.
Ok. Thanks for the information. I am of the understanding that the one I ordered from Year One is manufactured by Acme. As I mentioned, it’s 100 bucks less than the other one I was considering, but budget is leaning me to staying with the one from Year One, as I can use that money saved toward the installation charge for the shop doing the install for me.

I am going to go back to my original question for a second. Looking at the pictures of the kit for the GTX vs. the pics for the kit for a Coronet, it looks like the Coronet kit is more accurate for my application. I say this ONLY because the original pieces I took from my car had the rounded corners, and the GTX kit does not. But they are included with the kit for the Coronet. Plus, the piece that goes on the bottom of the window was NOT attached to the package tray.

I am going to go back to my original question for a second. Looking at the pictures of the kit for the GTX vs. the pics for the kit for a Coronet, it looks like the Coronet kit is more accurate for my application. I say this ONLY because the original pieces I took from my car had the rounded corners, and the GTX kit does not. But they are included with the kit for the Coronet. Plus, the piece that goes on the bottom of the window was NOT attached to the package tray.
After reading all the replies and suggestions here, I decided I would put my stuff back together, and ha
I just put my old package tray back in yesterday using the original lower trim piece I was asking about previously, that wasn’t originally stapled. I ended up shooting a few staples into it to hold it to the package tray, which helped keeping it in place in the problem area, which was the center arched window area. This made everything easier putting it back, and looks nice. Easily hid the staples under the trim overlap. I also examined but didn’t remove the original windlace that covers the top and both sides of the rear window all the way down the lower trim piece. It is all one continuous piece on my car. The replacement kit I ordered, which sounds like the one you got, appears to come as a 4 piece package: the bottom package tray trim piece, one piece each to do the left and right side of the window meeting on the top, and the one small piece to act as a joiner for them at the top center of the window. I am only guessing that’s what it is, as I just ordered it and don’t have the physical kit in front of me. I decided to put the old stuff back in after talking to the shop who will handle all of that at the same time they install the new headliner. I see you have a 1968; my car is a 1969 April build date, if that is relevant? I don’t know, but figured any information you might be able to get is helpful. Good luck with your project. I’m hoping everything I ordered will be correct too. It’s frustrating going through these things but there is no shortage of helpful people on this site who are the most unselfish people I’ve encountered when it come to needing help on your car. FBBO is a priceless resource.

I just tripped over an ad for the windlace trim at Tamraz parts in Naperville Il.
I guess it was stock from the factory! $60.00 or so bucks for the kit.

56b13d1e-4191-46cd-a72a-788ba4becccd-jpeg.jpg

Mine looks exactly like this, with a wrinkled sail panel. I'm not actually sure how to get the trim back into place, and it's not all that pliable. Is it secured with clips or something?

What's the best adhesive to glue the sail panels back down?

I just tripped over an ad for the windlace trim at Tamraz parts in Naperville Il.
I guess it was stock from the factory! $60.00 or so bucks for the kit.
Do you know if this will work for the interior rear window trim that’s all one piece going around the top and 2 sides meeting the bottom piece of trim that’s attached to the package tray?

View attachment 1170116

Mine looks exactly like this, with a wrinkled sail panel. I'm not actually sure how to get the trim back into place, and it's not all that pliable. Is it secured with clips or something?

What's the best adhesive to glue the sail panels back down?
If you’re asking me, I’m sorry but I don’t know how everything gets attached. I’m still waiting to get the rear window trim kit in from Year One that’s still back ordered from June. Once I get that, I should have everything I need, and will take car to the shop that’s doing the headliner installation for me. I don’t have the skills or the desire to attempt it. Perhaps others on this forum can explain how to do the attaching you are asking about. I’ve seen posts elsewhere on here of people doing their own installations that may be helpful answering your questions. You can just try searching “headliner installation” if you haven’t already tried that. Good luck with it.

Auto Transport Service
Back