• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interior screws

Scott70RR440

Local time
5:13 PM
Reaction score
Are the screws that fasten the chrome pieces to the doors, the pieces that hold the upper door panel, Are they a #8 screw that look like this.

Thanks
Scott

image.jpg

Not sure but there are companies out there that have the correct screws for just about everything.

penstar reproductions is one and I am sure others will chime in with other sites for that

So the rear trim piece the holes are flat and the door piece are dimpled, but that is just so it locates properly in the door shell. Here's the rear screws (left) and front screw (right) from my Superbird. Screw on the right is also what is shown in my pictures above on my Superbee. Just a 3/8 to 1/2" flat head screw that is serated on the back side so it locks in place

20240102_160357.jpg
20240102_160652.jpg

..and of course on the way to put them back with the trim, I dropped one. How do they disappear into thin air?? FFS

Last edited:
I believe the screws with the serrations under the heads are for the sill plates only, the proper screws for the interior door trim should be the ones pictured

IMG_2382.JPG

IMG_2383.JPG

Correction on the door trim hardware, there should be button head screws for the rear trim pieces and countersunk screws for the front door panel trim pieces as the pictures show.

IMG_2383 - Copy.JPG

IMG_2386.JPG

The real answer is anything that holds them will do, as nobody can see them anyhow.

I'm not gonna argue about which is wrong and which is right, all I can tell you is that I have a 69 Bee that has been in my family since Dad bought it and a 70 Bird that I bought in 1990. Both Lynch Road cars and both have similar pan head serrated screws on the front door card trim.

Auto Transport Service
Back