• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Investing in gold and silver

I have an ETF for Gold. IAU. Had SLV etf but sold it off a month ago. Had it for several years and it was a loser.

Having a piece of paper saying you own gold or silver when times get tough will only be good for wiping you ***, if the paper isn't to abrasive.

Well that may be, but it is a value item that can and will be used as a Barter tool. It holds a tangible value unlike a paper back bill will. Granted Legal Tender, but at the rate that the US is going and printing exorbitant amounts of money it is slowly going by the way side. Now Silver on the other hand has both value for trade and barter along with the many uses it carries into the manufacturing sector where Gold, not so much. I but as much Silver Bullion every month so having doing so for a very long time now, I got a lot!!!cr8crshr/Bill:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::usflag::usflag::usflag:
That tangible value is the value of the dollar.

even notice the ones telling you that you NEED to buy gold, are the ones who want to sell it to you?

I’ve done well investing in cat converters. Rhodium,Platinum,Paladium.
It’s hard to find legit honest buyers. A very dirty business.
When done right profitable.
Average cats are $100-300
Some high grade much more!!
It all about knowing the numbers and getting your hands dirty.

grinchcatconvertor.png

I handle my investment purchases like I do my auto purchases: I buy high and sell low. Just my way!

no-one is gonna care about your metals,if the shtf....seriously.
you cant eat gold,nor silver.
why,
would a person sell you a cow,for gold,knowing he cant buy sh*t with it,and that the cow is now worth more than gold?
gold wont give you milk,calves,or meat.

you Can eat off the Land that you buy/invest tho.....at least till brandon takes that away too.

Ammo,Foods,Tools,Clean Water,Gasoline and so forth are going to be the next currency,just like in the wild west daze.
would just like to also point out,that if the sthf,society would literally collapse into anarchy.
so all this cozy talk around the fire of how much your metals would be worth,is just a fantasy.
because deep down people are savages,and surviving in life would become a true test.

Originally, gold had value because it is shiny and people who already had everything else (land, livestock, servants, etc...) liked to make decorations with it.

If you think that will happen again, I guess you could be right.

Y'all do what you want to when it comes to this. For me a piece of paper stating an ownership in something is as worthless as the ink it is printed with. Having the physical, tangible commodity, is far more advantageous when it comes to being something of intrinsic value. Tied to the $$$ maybe but when it comes to the DHTF scenario, at least it will carry some value for bartering. Same as with Ammo...cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:

My mom was 8 years old at the end of WW2 living in Germany.
She had many stories of survival to tell of post WW2 Germany.
Simple things like clothing,shoes were not available. Things like cooking/heating oil,building materials for shelter,candles for lighting. Growing Potatoes was the farmers gold of the day. She used to say (if you find yourself thirsty in the desert? What would you rather have a cup of water or a cup of gold?

:D

No precious metals for me, but maybe I'll go panning for gold sometime in the future. It's kind of like fishing, but without a boat. :rolleyes:

I also did some research on investing in precious metals. As far as I understand, some companies store your metal for a small fee. However, investing in gold does not always mean buying physical gold. For example, you can invest in gold mining companies. In my opinion, this is a very reliable type of investment. For more information on investing, visit doughroller.net. There is a more detailed explanation of how investing in precious metals takes place and whether it is generally profitable. So you can get more verified information and get great strategies for investing.

Last edited:
So...in the event of a catastrophic monetary and therefore societal collapse....would the companies that are storing your gold then deliver it to you?

So...in the event of a catastrophic monetary and therefore societal collapse....would the companies that are storing your gold then deliver it to you?
I would think not. I believe you may need to cash out, to get the monetary value delivered ? The only upside may be, you could choose what currency you would prefer to be paid in ? If our Federal dollar goes bust, you might be able to rescue some of your investment. In the event of a catastrophic failure, you would still need to contact the holding firm...

I also studied it a bit. As I understand it, there are companies that store your metal. However, investing in gold does not always mean that you are buying physical gold. You can, for example, invest in gold mining companies.
What if the mine floods, collapses or some catastrophe happens? I paraphrased a statement on a business show.

As I have mentioned repeatedly through out this topic, paper investments are as worthless as "Tits on a Bull" when a collapse occurs!!! The physical tangible commodity is far better an investment because of its value for trade, barter, and yes as money and most with something to sell be it food, ammo, etc., will gladly barter for it. You cannot spend a stock certificate or use it as a check for cash because it is a "Bet On a Come'...to use a Horse Racing betting term...when it all falls apart. You are SOL!!! The best commodity to buy physically, is Silver. Why do I say that? It is because it has far more ranging uses than Gold such as electronics, etc. where Gold is more bling than anything else. Y'all spend your $$$'s as y'all want. But my mantra is I'm buying as much physical Silver as I can while it is fairly low. Then if it goes up again, I sell high. Just made a buy of 20oz's last week and will be buying more real soon...cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:

Auto Transport Service
Back