• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is it worth it???

Dang fool ain't listening.... :)

Ok, my only piece of advice is to go to YouTube and find a channel called Junkerup .
The fellow's name is Chris Birdsong. He is an absolute wizard with metalwork, the way it used
to be done - and his specialty is 2nd gen Chargers, of which I have witnessed him literally
re-create one out of thin air.
He takes some of the most ridiculously eat up Chargers (like yours) and when he's done, the metal
on them is BETTER than new. It's amazing stuff to watch for sure - and he cuts no corners, pardon
the pun.

His latest was redoing a sunroof Charger that was as eaten up as yours, maybe worse - and rebuilding
that body without the usual help from AMD and so forth. Real Pioneering metalwork.
Dude does it right and won't accept less.

e68ebc27-abd8-478c-9cd1-cbacc2fe69ee-jpeg.jpg

I believe the small ones are for the corners of the trunk drip rail, the larger ones are for the lower rear corners of the back window area.

Dang fool ain't listening.... :)

Ok, my only piece of advice is to go to YouTube and find a channel called Junkerup .
The fellow's name is Chris Birdsong. He is an absolute wizard with metalwork, the way it used
to be done - and his specialty is 2nd gen Chargers, of which I have witnessed him literally
re-create one out of thin air.
He takes some of the most ridiculously eat up Chargers (like yours) and when he's done, the metal
on them is BETTER than new. It's amazing stuff to watch for sure - and he cuts no corners, pardon
the pun.

His latest was redoing a sunroof Charger that was as eaten up as yours, maybe worse - and rebuilding
that body without the usual help from AMD and so forth. Real Pioneering metalwork.
Dude does it right and won't accept less.
I didnt buy it... was curious how much work I would’ve been into with that amount of rust

View attachment 1025588 View attachment 1025589 View attachment 1025590 View attachment 1025591 View attachment 1025592 View attachment 1025593 View attachment 1025594 View attachment 1025595 Got a chance to score a 69 coronet 500 but it has a good amount of work to do... just curious if you all think its worth the price, if not what would you offer and how much work am i looking at as far as the roof is concerned??? He was asking 4200 but said he’d take 3200... thanks in advance
Too bad you don't live in Arizona . I have all the body parts you need to fix this in my backyard. 69 sport Satellite 2 door hardtop .

There's no since in beating a dead horse but here's my 2c.
Unless it's an extremely rare optioned car (you have the fender tag/build sheet right?). AND you are capable of doing everything but maybe the paint. And have a a place to do all of the nasty grinding cutting blasting, etc. Even than it's a $1,000.00 car at best. The roof skin as noted may (probably) needs a donor car (A pillar misc stuff you can't see yet). Chances are if you open the car up your going to wish you've never seen it. Good luck!

Nope.......that's not a resto....that's building a new car from new parts that looks like that one!! Spending a few grand more will get you a much better car and will save you big money in the long run....just my 2 pence!!

View attachment 1028435

I believe the small ones are for the corners of the trunk drip rail, the larger ones are for the lower rear corners of the back window area.
All 4 are for the lower rear window corners. The small pieces are the inner or underneath the larger outer ones.

Auto Transport Service
Back