• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is it worth the extra $150?

Mopar-Charger

Local time
8:27 AM
Reaction score
Sure do look very similar it's a preference thing, but the cheaper one looks like it has a lot more threaded holes in it. IMO I wouldn't want all those plugs in my intake

The cheaper one is an Asian made knock off. What I call "Non-Name Brand Chinese". I would go with the Edelbrock one as it is USA made. As far as the extra holes you are talking about, it fits all small block from 1967-2003. That means from "LA" to "Magnum" motors. Both styles require different mounting holes, and hole for different applications.

The Chinese one fits magnum and standard L/A head. Thus the extra holes.
Doug

The cheaper one is an Asian made knock off. What I call "Non-Name Brand Chinese". I would go with the Edelbrock one as it is USA made. As far as the extra holes you are talking about, it fits all small block from 1967-2003. That means from "LA" to "Magnum" motors. Both styles require different mounting holes, and hole for different applications.

The only problem i face is the price. I've spoken to other people with the same intake and they haven't had any problems with it thus far. I want the edelbrock, but I could buy two of these for the price of one. I've not read much about intake failure either. Either they work or they don't?

If you already have a performer I don't see any reason for the RPM intake. Just my 2 cents

There is some debate on whether the angle of the LA bolt lands on the chinese intakes is correct.

Further, there is an open question on whether they are all the same casting.

If anyone can provide evidence of this, please share.

I know there are at least three different names for these, but it is still unclear as to if they are the same casting, and if they all share the same potential defect.

Having used both - buy the RPM. There are reasons why it's $150 less.

Alright, looks like i'll spend the extra on the RPM.

But for shits and giggles and possibly future reference, whats the reasons why the rpm is better?

Auto Transport Service
Back