• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Jack Daniels being a jerk about these doggie toys? Your opinion please?

When I saw that dog toy, it reminded me of Wacky Packages I collected as a kid. If Jack Daniels has a legitimate case against the dog toy company, why wasn’t Topps sued out of existence decades ago for all the consumer products they have parodied with Wacky Packages?
Wacky Packages - Wikipedia
I collected those, and "Football Freaks" also.

When I saw that dog toy, it reminded me of Wacky Packages I collected as a kid. If Jack Daniels has a legitimate case against the dog toy company, why wasn’t Topps sued out of existence decades ago for all the consumer products they have parodied with Wacky Packages?
Wacky Packages - Wikipedia
Reading that Wacky Packages link, it seems that many of them were indeed stopped after the legitimate companies told them to.

Think JD lose's. See Wierd Al Yankovic. A guy in Waterbury CT. named hie bussiness Tools R US. Toys R US sued and won, go figure. New name Tools Plus.

They also sued some guy back in the 90's for creating a joke web page for posting road kill (remember the days when people could do this for fun thru their internet provider?). He called it RoadKill 'R Us. The judge sided with Toys because the R was backwards and that was enough to considered patent infringement.

Why not join forces? Just about
every member I know on this site
absolutely loves dogs, and their
whiskey. Jack Daniel's would be
wise to recognize their market
base loyalties.
Ain't nothin' better than a dog who
licks your hand, even when you're
staggering a little. The two just
seem to go together.

Auto Transport Service
Back