• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is the owner of this poor charger on this board?

bigmanjbmopar

Newb with a view
Local time
12:28 AM
Reaction score
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/4233649506.html

I have been seeing this post on CL for at least 5 years years, is this a joke? or is it that the asking price is so high and ridiculous that it hasn't sold yet? I mean in 5 years time even I could have put most of the car together by now. WTF?

If the owner is here please help me understand what your mind set is on this charger?

a 70 Charger 383ci 727tf $19,250 for a basket case, still needs quarters, it's torn apart, that is a little steep price for sure, no matter how much you have invested, no matter how many extra parts come with it, he's a little optimistic for sure, especially you can buy a running driving & painted restored car for near that price... He might be over on DC .com forum, I don't recognize it, but that doesn't mean anything... common problem people take on way more than they can handle or are willing to work enough to finish a project, sometimes life just gets in the way too....

I'd like to get back the money I've put into cars when I sell them too, But that rarely happens....

Before I got through the first sentence I knew exactly what car you were talking about before I opened the link. Too funny. Maybe he's going for some CL record.

You can't call the guy a flipper :) He's had the car too long for that.

Heck, I'd call him a flipper . . .

he's flipped his lid thinking he's going to sell the car for that price ! ! !

( smile )

Another example of cost and value not being the same thing.

Far too many think they have a bar of gold. There is a 68 Charger down the street from me rotting in a yard. He too thinks its worth a bunch.

If that's all he has for a 20k investment he must have paid too much from the kicking off point and/or needs to stop writing checks and learn how to use some tools himself. Best projects to buy many time are the ones mostly finished because no matter how much you have in them if they are not done they are only worth a fraction of finished value.

i'd bet $20,000 won't put that car back together. there's thousands in body work, plus the price to build a drive train and suspension.

I guess its the principal for him , The value now in our Mopars has gone down considerably with the economy being what it is . Yes , its a little high for whats sitting there but maybe he'll just say F it and build it . b'sides , you cant drive a check .

Apparently he is firm on his asking price if he still has it after 5 years of trying to sell it. I wonder how much he has turned down in the past for it.

Take a good look because this is the future for a lot of cars out there and it's gonna get worse. A lot of guys bought at the top of the mark in the early 2000s, dropped thousands into their projects, and now they're so upside down in their cars that their initiative tanks. Car values are dropping, the target audience of buyers is dwindling, and guys like this are holding out for top dollar while guys with better reasoning are sucking up the available cash by selling for what they can get rather than what they think they should get.

The guy wants $20k, but could probably get $10k today. Instead he'll keep holding out as things get worse and worse and the car will end up rusting away or will end up getting sold for $3k or so after he waits too long to sell.

Here is another non flipper. This guy has this GTX online since 2009 when i was looking for one. After contacting him he tells
me that the car is at his brothers. I said i will bring cash and lets meet. He tells me now that his brother says he does not want
him to sell it and he wants it. that is 4 yrs ago. the same ad is still up there same price. same text, ETC.

http://www.cars-on-line.com/34862.html

I think the guy is up to something fishy, but he's probably doing you a favor as well. The value on these cars is dropping, so I would wait a few years and buy when the market is better.

Does anyone want to volunteer to contact this guy? lol I will if no one else is interested I will, not that I want that car but for fun to see where his mindset is on this. Funny because CL ads only last, for what 7 days then have to be renewed? so for 5 years straight this guy has been re listing this add with only minor changes.

Yes it's bugging me why he has not been able to sell it. Most of the time when I go look at something that has been on for a long time it because the seller lied about it's condition and when you get there it is 100 times worse and not even worth the insult of tell them $1500 to haul it away and I have done that out of spite for wasting my time, told one dude $500 to take it to the dumps for him, he looked so surprised at that he had nothing to say except oh it can be fixed for under $10k lol I could see thought the trunk horizontally! lmao no motor or trans on a 318 car too lol

Auto Transport Service
Back