• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is there a cure for being bitten hard by the B body bug?

I think the term is called Hoarding, a compulsion to buy
maybe a better word is accumulations of ****/junk, cars, parts etc. :poke:
car collections run & drive & get worked on regularly

some have that disease really bad too

some act like/say it's for a hobby
some will never sell & their heirs will deal with it
when in reality it's all for sale, sooner or later or most of it
professional flippers or possibly Rusty Gold :poke:

yes it's a disease, some don't have a cure

Last edited:
Making a purchase of something we actually want, maybe not need or a necessity, it hits our "pleasure" button. Makes us feel good.
Ordering those new parts for our latest project, the pleasure button.
Seeing another project for sale we know we don't need but e want!!!! Bong!!!!!
If we accumulate piles of parts or cars we will never restore, drive, use in anyway.... maybe it becomes just plain hording!??
I have always enjoyed the chase of that project parts car, or part. But I have also let people buy from me, yes with a profit for my time,my gas, my knowledge....cars or pats I did not really wanted tosell, but it also gave me pleasure to see someone buy that wanted or needed car /part.
Story: I sold a 70 V code Challenger project way back about maybe '93-4. Long story short I wanted all my E bodies gone the buyer got a blasted ppg epoxy primed body all needed sheetmetal interior correct engine for a screaming good deal. I bumped into the buyer a year later at a swapup in his neck of the woods and he starts whinnng how much money he has spent on this car!!! I told him IF he was unhappy then I was sorry I sold it to him, in which I wished I still had it!!!!! It gives me NO pleasure to see such.

Once I throw a camouflage tarp on it,it will disappear from site altogether!
When I was there Pete, I noticed there is still plenty of room in the driveway...:poke::poke:

Ohh and Yes... I have the bug also:lol:
3ED2E0F6-CB7F-414B-8501-19B27CD71137.jpeg

^^^^ Did my share of bird/small game hunting when a teenager. I had a single shot 410, that was it. I measured my skill by what I shot and got home with. Food per shot. I was amazed at the burbanites that got invited to a big fancy SW Ga dove shoot had 2 auto Brownings and a case of shells and never picked up a bird. I got the ones from acros the fence that got out of the shoot baitd field. LOL
Then I grew up and found OLD cars!!!!

When I was there Pete, I noticed there is still plenty of room in the driveway...:poke::poke:
Tom,it looks like I know who to ask when I need a set of valve covers! I still have a few more spots that I can stash a few more, but it's getting tight for space around here!

Ohh and Yes... I have the bug also:lol:
View attachment 987788

^^^^ Did my share of bird/small game hunting when a teenager. I had a single shot 410, that was it. I measured my skill by what I shot and got home with. Food per shot. I was amazed at the burbanites that got invited to a big fancy SW Ga dove shoot had 2 auto Brownings and a case of shells and never picked up a bird. I got the ones from acros the fence that got out of the shoot baitd field. LOL
Then I grew up and found OLD cars!!!!
Duck and goose hunting always been my favorite thing. Started going with my dad and grandfather when I was about 6, got my license at 9 and hooked .
Last few years it had gotten much harder for me.
The car bug has slowly come back!

I think the term is called Hoarding, a compulsion to buy
maybe a better word is accumulations of ****/junk, cars, parts etc. :poke:
car collections run & drive & get worked on regularly

some have that disease really bad too

some act like/say it's for a hobby
some will never sell & their heirs will deal with it
when in reality it's all for sale, sooner or later or most of it
professional flippers or possibly Rusty Gold :poke:

yes it's a disease, some don't have a cure

One mans junk is another mans gold,and gold is yellow, and yellow is an effin Road Runner convertible, and that's my effin gold!

Duck and goose hunting always been my favorite thing. Started going with my dad and grandfather when I was about 6, got my license at 9 and hooked .
Last few years it had gotten much harder for me.
The car bug has slowly come back!
I love Duck and Turkey's dark meat, BUT goose??? Cook the goose, make gravy,throw away the goose, keep the gravy!!! Maybe I don't do it right!!???? LOL

70 Road Runner convertible is now resting comfortably in my car trailer! Winning! One happy hoarder!
20200815_114250.jpg

A little hammer and dolly work,and some putty and they will be good as new!

Auto Transport Service
Back