• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is there a good 66 VIN and fender tag decoder?

Hi guys,
I’ve found several different sites reading the various threads on the topic of decoding VINs and fender tags but I haven’t found one yet that works great for 66 B bodies.
Are there any good sites for 66s?
Here’s the VIN:
View attachment 1406748
Here’s the fender tag:
View attachment 1406749
And here’s from the 66 Dodge Dart and Coronet Service Manual:
View attachment 1406750
If I decode the VIN from the service manual I discover that everything makes sense except for the engine size as they don’t list a “G” as an engine option. My guess is that the manual had to be updated at some point and the one I find at MyMopar.com just isn’t an updated version??
Thanks!
You can get a copy of your build sheet from Chrysler Historical Society, for 67 and earlier cars. I got one for my 67 R/T back in 06 or 07 and was about $45 IIRC.

You can get a copy of your build sheet from Chrysler Historical Society, for 67 and earlier cars. I got one for my 67 R/T back in 06 or 07 and was about $45 IIRC.
It's free currently.. PDF of your card is all they're doing now.

A copy of the broadcast sheet or a copy of he IBM card? Two different things.

I'll say it one more time . Chrysler currently will only send you a pdf by email of your build CARD taken from their microfiche.

Auto Transport Service
Back