• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is there an easy to install these roller clips?

Redhorse719

Local time
1:25 AM
Reaction score
It's been awhile since I was on the site, but now that I am trying to get my 66 Belvedere ready to cruise this summer I need some help with the quarter windows. The repair manual doesn't say anything about the clips that holds the rollers to the regulator. How has anyone that has replaced the rollers installed the clips?

Attachments

• img20230710_14181367.pdf
    70.3 KB · Views: 154
If its like the ones I have done you. lube them and use a socket and a vice to push them on. A work clamp may also work. You just need to get them on a little ways. Do not over clamp them.

Picture of the clips would probably help both aides.

Socket and Channel Lock pliers. I think a tool could be made easily.

I thank all that has responded with ideas. I think I will just use E clips instead of the Mopar clip as suggested in the Charger section. It's not like I can get both hands into the opening at the same time to use a tool to install the factory clip. Which brings up " How did the factory install them". They had to have installed them before the quarter was installed. If anyone has any other ideas I would like to hear it. Thanks again.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back