• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this the correct body molding clip for my 67 Coronet?

TekHousE

Local time
9:02 AM
Reaction score
Is this correct for my body molding on my Coronet 500?

6002250.jpg

I have this molding on the side of my car.

14236168098_766d2af2ba_c.jpg

And on the passenger side at the rear I can see there is a clip missing. At least it is not flush to the body on the bottom edge right at the end of the molding near the bumper.

That looks correct Tek, is the pic from RT specialties?

Yes it is..Does that matter? Or is that good? They want about 5 US and some change for EACH clip! Sound OK?

I think they are the only ones who make them, so they simply set the price. That's why I guessed R/T Specialties.

:) thanks..

And any idea how many I will need? I really don't want to pull the strip off to find out, because it will mean driving around like that for the 4 or so weeks it takes for clips to get to me.

Tek...Try these guys as well. I have had excellent results with my 66 Plymouth Satellite project...cr8crshr/Tuck

This is off topic but, the R/T has the wide rocker molding down low. When I bought the clips for YO, they were correct in size but too soft in material. That allowed flex, and the molding pulls away leaving a gap that draws the eye. Caveat Emptor.

Yep, I think this is a concern. I notice that some of the new clips (generally) are more flexible. Possibly they last longer as the material is most likely better than they had in the 60's, but they do not give a tight, 'factory' style fit.

I just did my 67 coronet 500. Those are the right clips, and if I remember right it took 16 of those per side.
on the front fender panel 3 of the 4 clips have the holes at a closer space. This is also true for the rearmost clip of the door trim as well.
I was fortunate enough to have a couple of these that came with the trim I bought (from a good member here) and I was able to manufacture a couple of more out of some scrap metal I had laying around and used some general body panel fasteners to attach them.

Auto Transport Service
Back