• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is your wife tough on brakes?

Feminism (2).jpg

1 Pitt 1.jpg

Wife is fast stop, fast go. Stops so hard that there is always dust from the pads on the front wheels.
Complains that her front wheels look dirty. I told her if she got out of "the world's shortest stopping distance" competition, that wouldn't happen. Like many of my responses, it seems to have been entirely ignored, until she needs brakes...again.

My brakes last 2-3 times longer than my wife's.
Last time I did her brakes on ner town and country I used cop pads.

Brakes and tires every 25K, or less.
Every vehicle she's ever driven.
Apparently, I need to find vehicles with more than 2 speed accelerator and brake pedals (full on - full off).
Every tire shop knows female drivers this as they just smile and say, " don't bother checking air pressure nor alignment- they won't last that long"
The longest lasting pads and rotors I've found are NAPA Fleet, current set is on 32K and need replacement soon.
My Ram is over 55K on original brakes and still well over 50%.

My wife puts the accelerator to the floor and regulates her speed with the brakes.

My grandma had a new 1975 Mercury Monarch that I put pads and rotors on at 14,000. She was a 2 footed driver and never left our little town. I recently replaced all 3 sets of pads and rotors on my buddy's quad at 5,000, I'm on the OEM pads at 10,000 on my quad. I like engine braking!
Mike

I took over my wife’s 12 Highlander last year and got her a new car. I finally had to have new brakes put on it for the first time at 120,000 miles so I guess she’s not too hard on them. Toyota’s are pretty good cars - just change the oil and tires as needed and keep on driving them.

My wife can get forever on a set of brakes. Like a clutch, she's always been a great driver.

I drove behind the wife a few weeks ago, she was on and off the brakes for no reason. I asked WTF was she doing? She had no clue what I was talking about.

Toyota’s are pretty good cars - just change the oil and tires as needed and keep on driving them.
Never owned a foreign car until resent. Inherited a 95 Toyota Camry with 36K on the clock.Now had 58K.I think it will out last me.

Not too bad on the brakes,

but she's pretty darn good on the organ!

I read these posts and grin.
As we get older my wife has slowed down a little. She is ok with a 2nd place finish , like I explained to her shes just building points for the end of the season.
That my friends is closing in fast.
Christmas time , shopping , competitive parking. Yes it's time for the short road courses.
I got to admit my daughter has taken the lead from my wife. She is in her 40s and right now at the top of her game.
Brake rotors look like a Bristol night race.
Look both ways guys when using the cross walk.

Every time my X drove my 95 Dakota it would come back with pulsation from the front rotors and it didn't matter if she just went to the post office that's about 2 1/2 miles away! Light braking would actually bring back smoothness. And yeah, brake life was very short with her even in the flat lands of SE Texas! My first wife was better but not much but she remembers me saying to her how to drive for the best life from a car....the second wife just ignored it.

When I ride with my wife, I'm amazed at her short stop distance. Much shorter than mine when I was 20 years old. In my old age I lift long before I really need the brakes. Not her. Oh well.

As we get older my wife has slowed down a little. She is ok with a 2nd place finish , like I explained to her shes just building points for the end of the season.
Christmas time , shopping , competitive parking. Yes it's time for the short road courses.
I got to admit my daughter has taken the lead from my wife. She is in her 40s and right now at the top of her game.
Dang, my daughter too.
She lives in the Rockies, couple years ago she took me from her house to the airport in Denver. It was white knuckles for an hour!

She brakes with her left foot, very uncomfortable for a passenger because not smooth at all when coming to a complete stop. Just finished replacing the rear shoes on both our Jeep Cherokee's (her current daily driver and her former daily driver).

My daughter lives in Atlanta. Traffic is :mob:. Last July I visited her and when I got back I told the guys at the shop where I work that we could clos this shop and open one in Atlanta doing nothing but brakes and make a fortune. All the vehicles there have black or brown front wheels. Took me 80 minutes to go 18 miles on 285 E. bypass!:eek:

Auto Transport Service
Back