• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It Wasn't A Machine Gun

I feel the next, you fill in the ________ is reading about all this, seeing all this and is thinking how can I top that? When I first heard this I thought of Charles Whitman. Right now the Asses in Hollywood are wondering how to make a movie. Just you wait and see. But, I've been wrong before. It's another sad day in the United States of America's History.

Oh, I see I misspelled a word, I meant to type Masses.

Last edited:
The guns were bought and made for a purpose. The guy was sick. We can't and shouldn't sugar coat it. I know you guys are pro gun and will leave it at that. I am not anti gun (own some myself) but I am for some sort of responsible structure to keep the public safe. And I know what works in one place does not necessarily work in another. I am waiting to see the dust settle and learn what really happened and what really was there.
As usual, there is always a rush to say someone who does this is "sick", i.e., mentally ill, but this case does not support that conclusion. People who commit violence and are mentally ill most always focus that violence on a real or perceived tormentor. For example, if they perceive their mother to be a tormentor, they will be violent towards her as well as people who remind the person of the tormentor.

This attack was against a group, not an individual, and violence against groups is almost always driven by anger. Something pissed this guy off to a point where he wanted to kill, and this concert was not a target of opportunity. The room was booked months in advance, and specially selected for its positioning relative to the crowd.

This was not insanity, this was a statement. This contention is backed up by the release of info last night that said this shooter fired twelve volleys, likely full magazines, and then stopped. The police entered the room some seventy minutes after the shooting started, but the shooting only lasted eleven or so minutes, and it appears he opened fire until everyone fled, and once he satiated his anger he shot himself. He didn't wait for the police to show up, which rules out suicide by cop. I suspect we're going to find out he thought he was dying a martyr to something.

Here's what's bothering me. Last night, a BATFE rep went to a press conference and said they had traced the purchases of the 43 firearms, over the course of 20 years, back to four states. And they apparently did this inside of 24 hours. I would sure like to know how they pulled this off without using a centralized database of firearm purchases which is strictly prohibited by law.

To do this legitimately, they would need to go to the manufacturer, find who they sold the gun to (provided a record still exists), then find out who that dealer transferred it to, and work their way down to the shooter getting the firearm. It normally takes BATFE weeks to trace one firearm, but up to 43 in less than 24 hours??? There's no way they could pull that off unless they in fact have a centralized database that is in violation of US law.

The guns were bought and made for a purpose. The guy was sick. We can't and shouldn't sugar coat it. I know you guys are pro gun and will leave it at that. I am not anti gun (own some myself) but I am for some sort of responsible structure to keep the public safe. And I know what works in one place does not necessarily work in another. I am waiting to see the dust settle and learn what really happened and what really was there.
Curious...what "reasonable" restrictions do you want to see? The anti gunners are like the terminator...you can't reason with them...you can't bargain with them..they won't stop.

gun control.jpg
AR-15.jpg

Curious...what "reasonable" restrictions do you want to see? The anti gunners are like the terminator...you can't reason with them...you can't bargain with them..they won't stop.
The larger problem is the anti-gun forces have time and again proven themselves to be liars when it comes to gun control promises. They tried to force through the Saturday Night Special ban in the late 60s, with a promise those would be the only guns banned. Then the Supreme Court ruled the ban un-Constitutional, not because of the 2nd Amendment but because of vagueness since 'Saturday Night Special" is not a defined firearm type.

Then came the Firearm Owners Protection Act (FOPA) in 1985, and a promise that if just let them ban selective-fire and automatic weapons, those will be the only guns ever banned. We were reassured time and again that semi-auto rifles would never, ever, never ever, be banned.

Then came the Assault Weapons Ban (AWB) in 1994, which used FOPA as a precedent for banning firearms by type, and there went the semi-autos. When the AWB was passed we were told "Don't worry. No one is looking to ban anything but assault rifles. No other guns will ever be banned."

Then in 1999, John Kerry and others started proposing a bill that would ban lever action and pump action rifles and shotguns that are not classified as "hunting" firearms. If Al Gore had won the election, those guns would have been banned too.

So history is rife with numerous examples of promises of one small legal precedent being used to impact gun owners on issues that had nothing to do with the original law. We are seeing this now with the so-called "Universal Background Check" bill that will supposedly prevent private transfers of firearms at gun shows... which is a tiny, very tiny, segment of firearms transfers at gun shows. The other 99% of transfers are done by licensed dealers. The reality is once a new legal precedent is set that the Federal government has the authority to regulate private transfers at organized gun shows, it'll just be a short time before the law is changed an the Federal government will have authority to regulate ALL personal transfers, which is what the real end game of this scam is.

Last edited:
Here's what's bothering me. Last night, a BATFE rep went to a press conference and said they had traced the purchases of the 43 firearms, over the course of 20 years, back to four states. And they apparently did this inside of 24 hours. I would sure like to know how they pulled this off without using a centralized database of firearm purchases which is strictly prohibited by law.

To do this legitimately, they would need to go to the manufacturer, find who they sold the gun to (provided a record still exists), then find out who that dealer transferred it to, and work their way down to the shooter getting the firearm. It normally takes BATFE weeks to trace one firearm, but up to 43 in less than 24 hours??? There's no way they could pull that off unless they in fact have a centralized database that is in violation of US law.
Big brother is always watching... whether it's legal or not.

Big brother is always watching... whether it's legal or not.

As well as the 147 robots that are online here right now gathering data

GOOD GRIEF!!!!

SORRY GUYS!!!!!!

As well as the 147 robots that are online here right now gathering data

Yikes--I only hope they choke on the usless data they get from me.
Over and over--:lol:

I am not going to even try and pick a side or tell someone they are right or wrong regarding gun choices...both sides have valid points and arguments. The only thing we should be concerned about is WHY this guy did it...there are 59 families that are mourning right now...and wondering the same thing!

I am not going to even try and pick a side or tell someone they are right or wrong regarding gun choices...both sides have valid points and arguments. The only thing we should be concerned about is WHY this guy did it...there are 59 families that are mourning right now...and wondering the same thing!
Maybe nuts and we will never know. Better to adjust in attempt to prevent another.

The NEW YORK POST METRO had a good write up in todays (10-4-12) paper. Well a write up anyway, don't know how good/correct it is.

Last edited:
Looks like bump stocks are soon going to be a thing of the past. This is why we can never have anything cool in this country. Some asshat always has to abuse the privilege! I told my FFL I was in a rush to get my new MP40 because I know some jagoff is going to do something stupid with one and then they'll get banned and the ones here will go to $3,000.

I bet it was a political statement. It was a country music concert that got shot up, right? And what kind of people generally listen to country? Anyways I don't want to make this thread political, but I believe that's part of the motive. Before facebook tore down his facebook page, a few people got screenshots of the page. Supposedly he was a fan of ANTIFA....

Auto Transport Service
Back