• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Items you no longer see in stores

Blue Light Specials, aisle 9.
Brings back memories good and bad. Worked part time at Kmart when I was in junior college in the early 80’s.
Low paying job and I hated doing the blue light lol.
We had a pretty good auto and sporting goods department. Good ammo selection and good prices on Remington’s.
Side bonus , met a lot of girls that worked there.

Lately there are allot less choices in the grocery store.... And what is available sure has gotten pricy... $100 doesn't even fill a grocery bag anymore....

Unbelievable, I found my key, anyone got a
Mattel Vrroom motor?
DD22E12C-8E7A-4E3B-BE45-E18D35A780FB.jpeg

Lately there are allot less choices in the grocery store.... And what is available sure has gotten pricy... $100 doesn't even fill a grocery bag anymore....

A hundred spends like a twenty today. However, when I buy something let’s say, for ten of twenty bucks and hand them a hundy, a lot of places are intimidated by it and ask for something smaller.

One of the important ingredients in my tasty homemade chili. Discontinued by maker. Not the same with any substitute I've tried so far!

000000 Chile Mac2.jpg

As best I can tell, they quit producing it in early 2020. If you check for availability at any given store in any given zip code on the Walmart site you'll see "Not available at this store". Amazon has removed it from their listings, don't know why Walmart hasn't?
Ok, admittedly I haven't looked in person; I've never eaten the stuff in my life. But it still seems to pop up in searches.

See if this place works: Chef Boyardee Chili Mac

Also, it is still listed on the manufacturer's website: CHEF BOYARDEE Chili Macaroni | Conagra Foodservice

You guys remember Woolco stores? A Woolworth Company branch of stores that were similar to, and competed with K-Mart. I had a part time job in the Automotive Dept there while in high school. I spent HOURS with a label gun putting the little orange price stickers on every darn can of oil, ATF, and chemical that was on the shelves. And then going back and putting new stickers on top of the old when the prices changed. When's the last time you saw individual price stickers on oil cans? (And these were the old style metal and cardboard cans that used the filler spout that had to punch through the tops.)

You guys remember Woolco stores? A Woolworth Company branch of stores that were similar to, and competed with K-Mart. I had a part time job in the Automotive Dept there while in high school. I spent HOURS with a label gun putting the little orange price stickers on every darn can of oil, ATF, and chemical that was on the shelves. And then going back and putting new stickers on top of the old when the prices changed. When's the last time you saw individual price stickers on oil cans? (And these were the old style metal and cardboard cans that used the filler spout that had to punch through the tops.)
Oh yeah, Woolco was a favorite of my parents (especially Pop) when we were kids, along with Zayre's.
The KMart was over on the other end of town, so those were the two closest to us (along with Winn Dixie for
groceries, of course :) ).

Auto Transport Service
Back