• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Items you no longer see in stores

A few other items I've not seen in a
while;
Pick-up sticks
Erector Sets
Lincoln Logs
Cracker Jack's
Tinker Toys
Chemistry Sets
Though some of these are available
on line, stores (at least around here)
don't seem to keep them in stock.

Employees who know ANYTHING about what they are selling.

A cashier or at least one who can give you change with-out a brain aneurism.

1E9EEDA4-8A76-494B-AE0E-23B5F369095F.jpeg

quarter stick of dynamite

Hmmm, in stores:
1. Physical media. I mean movies, CD, video games even. Electronics sections used to have an entire subsection for this. Best Buy back 30years ago used 65% of the floor space for music. Another 20% was for video games and PC stuff. The appliances and stereos were stuck in the corners. I try to buy everything on physical. People and these "subscription services" it's perpetual rent! Who taught these people basic economics?

2. Clothes in my size.

3. Frozen pizza that costs less then Little Ceasers

4. The nice lady handing me sausages on a toothpick to sample.

5. Every American Beer I grew up with. The names have come back, sometimes a couple times! But the beer never did. I find local stuff now days. (pretty easy in WI!)

6. Repair parts for a toilet that will fit an older one, OR will last more than 2 years in a new one. The people that burned those rubber plantations screwed us over so bad.

7. A leather belt. yeahyeah, "genuine leather". No it isn't. It's a paper thin layer of leather laminated onto whatever plastic they like that day. Local flea market has a guy selling hand made buffalo leather belts. When was the last time you owned a belt for more then a decade?

8. The Brachs candy self serve stand. You know, with the scale and a scoop.

quarter stick of dynamite
HAHAHAHHA, oh the memories of "blowin up the stump party" when I was a kid. Who doesn't love watching a stump explode?

They may have stopped that, but they haven't pumped the breaks on "acetelene garbage bag and a cut off extension cord" yet.
note: for a 40 gallon bag I recommend longer then a 50' extension cord.

HAHAHAHHA, oh the memories of "blowin up the stump party" when I was a kid. Who doesn't love watching a stump explode?

They may have stopped that, but they haven't pumped the breaks on "acetelene garbage bag and a cut off extension cord" yet.
note: for a 40 gallon bag I recommend longer then a 50' extension cord.
100' cord and solid cover..

We had 2 Guys and Kings. My brother's future mother-in-law was the cashier in the Automotive department at 2 Guys. We knew her before we knew her daughter and her daughter's best friend who became MY wife. Then there was Kings. I put 2 Kings 7.50 x 14 $8 retreads on my parents's '65 Fury 2 wagon before we traded it in!
Oh, and where does the Klan buy their sheets? At the KKKMart!

Hmmm, in stores:
1. Physical media. I mean movies, CD, video games even. Electronics sections used to have an entire subsection for this. Best Buy back 30years ago used 65% of the floor space for music. Another 20% was for video games and PC stuff. The appliances and stereos were stuck in the corners. I try to buy everything on physical. People and these "subscription services" it's perpetual rent! Who taught these people basic economics?

2. Clothes in my size.

3. Frozen pizza that costs less then Little Ceasers

4. The nice lady handing me sausages on a toothpick to sample.

5. Every American Beer I grew up with. The names have come back, sometimes a couple times! But the beer never did. I find local stuff now days. (pretty easy in WI!)

6. Repair parts for a toilet that will fit an older one, OR will last more than 2 years in a new one. The people that burned those rubber plantations screwed us over so bad.

7. A leather belt. yeahyeah, "genuine leather". No it isn't. It's a paper thin layer of leather laminated onto whatever plastic they like that day. Local flea market has a guy selling hand made buffalo leather belts. When was the last time you owned a belt for more then a decade?

8. The Brachs candy self serve stand. You know, with the scale and a scoop.
My wife works at London Drugs, where they have a large selection of CDs, movies, video games and a whole wall of vinyl records, right beside the electronics/stereo section. Fortunately, since she works there, I get a 20% discount.

Woolco's was awesome! Great selection of model kits and trains. Loved going there. Pretty cool pet department dept for goldfish.
I miss the Enfield CT store.
As for what's no longer in stores, my submission is coffee perculator glass tops.

Woolco's was awesome! Great selection of model kits and trains. Loved going there. Pretty cool pet department dept for goldfish.
I miss the Enfield CT store.
As for what's no longer in stores, my submission is coffee perculator glass tops.
We still use a percolator coffee pot.
I've bought just about every style and
make of drip style coffee makers only
to have them fail on a regular basis,
so we've sacrifice convince for
longevity. Besides that, I find the
coffee just tastes better.
Woolco's was a cool store. The one
we frequented in Indiana had a malt
shop/soda fountain.

Those little green turtles at Woolworths. I rewatched World War Z the other night. Do you remember the scene where the zombies were stacking on one another trying to get over the wall? Those little turtles did the same thing in the corners of the aquariums. It always made me sad, I'm glad they don't sell them anymore.

I remember these stamp machines in stores, so you didn't have to go to the post office to get stamps.
Just about every store had these, back in the dinosaur days.

Stamp Machine.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back