• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Items you no longer see in stores

Hot Wheels, Matchbox or now possibly Johnny Lightning 1:64 scale cars
for impulse buys in line
they used to always be at/by the shelves near the check-out registers

Last edited:
Wham-o Superball
Sonic Blaster by Mattel
Balsa wood gliders
Tiddlywinks
Parachute toys (Army man)
Boomerang
Steam engine
Carbide cannon

Quarter stick of dynamite (like I said before)
:lol:

images-4.jpeg

This is coming from my dad, he misses seeing two genders. There’s more genders than there are flavors of potato chips.

As a kid, mom sent me to the store for “Oleo” with no explanation as to what is was… just money.
She was from Michigan and we were now in California. Nobody knew what Oleo was. I was a 6 year old kid that had no knowledge of anything other than what she told me. I returned home with candy instead.

C09EC373-C0C1-4953-913B-9207E65CA99A.jpeg

Glass jars for food products. Mostly plastic today. I don't like my food to come out of plastic containers.

Haven't seen milk in a glass container in decades.

Glass jars for food products. Mostly plastic today. I don't like my food to come out of plastic containers.

Haven't seen milk in a glass container in decades.
Although most milk products are either in plastic jugs or cardboard cartons, we do have a producer around here still clinging to the glass! They have super creamy chocolate milk, too.
homoMilk_glass.jpg
homoMilk_glass.jpg
1677105867803.png

There was a milk commercial on television that showed a dark haired father tending to his baby boy who was fussing. The baby had bright red curly hair with one big red curl that was hanging down in the middle of his forehead. The door bell rings and it's the milkman with a rack of those glass milk bottles for him. He takes the milk and the camera pans up to the milkmans face,and he has bright red curly hair with one big red curl hanging down in the middle of his forehead, The guy looks at the milkman and the baby! Then the screen goes black and then the caption "Got Milk" pops up on the screen! Lol

Going to a mall and stopping by here, with someone who could actually help you.
crop_1961-braintree-ma-store-exterior-on-south-shore-100365107-orig.jpg
realistictm-800sa-150hxs4c.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back