• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

it's ANZAC day

polywideblock

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:02 PM
Reaction score
1713997356654.png
1713997407129.png

Pull into Perth with the US Navy on Anzac weekend. Kind of humbling to be in another country for their war Memorial Day. America and Australia have definitely spilled blood together. Been 15 years since I was there but still remember how everything was closed and peaceful for Anzac Day.

Have a great ANZAC day, remembrance for the fallen/injured, less fortunate...

to our once great allies

Have a great one. Take the day off from work.

Respect for those who fought and died to preserve our freedom... Hopefully the next generation can hold on to it...

I have nothing but respect and admiration for those brave guys & gals who served under difficult circumstances.

I don't think another generation will ever see that type of combat.

1714010050288.png

1714010126382.png

Just before mowing the lawns for my in-laws, I managed to capture this fly past from our local Warbirds Association. They had been flying all over the city, and at one point flew directly over my house....didn't have my phone handy then.

We worked with some Aussies in VN back in '68. Good guys, but when they spoke to each other, it was like another language.
Couldn't understnad half of what they were saying.
Happy ANZAC Day.

We worked with some Aussies in VN back in '68. Good guys, but when they spoke to each other, it was like another language.
Couldn't understnad half of what they were saying.
Happy ANZAC Day.
Won't bore y'all with the whole story - plus it would take a small book to tell all the tales from that 10 days - but 30 years ago I was well blessed to end up being "attached" to the Australian ISDE team. [International Six Day Enduro - an offroad motorcycle thing if you're not familiar] The sheer volume of fun we had was monumental...but speaking of 'language' - no pun intended - it is indeed somewhat 'different' and a lot of fun, especially to a kid from the middle of nowhere USA. As the week progressed, I learned more and more to understand/picked up slang. Having a friend from New Zealand helped, but Aussie and Kiwi are two different things really.
Anyway, after the event , the night before everyone was scheduled to leave, we had a big dinner/get together. [actually, we did that most nights...] Before we wound it up, several of the guys gave me a 'speech test'. When the dust settled, they said I could fool any city dweller and most suburbanites, but I had better not try 'talk Aussie' in the Northern Territory or in a small town.
I passed.
One of my proudest accomplishments quite frankly.
Strewth!

Have a Ripper Magady day to all the ANZAC Veterans and those who made the ultimate sacrifice...cr8crshr/Bill:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::usflag::usflag::usflag:

I was just reading this am from a daily “This day in History” post I receive. I don’t think I ever really contemplated the enormity of WWI. The horrendous battles and casualty levels are astonishing. Thirty countries and 65,000,000 warriors at battle all told. ANZAC was indeed an incredible component at their front of the war. The “War to end all Wars” simply set in motion the stage for Hitler and WWII 20 years later. Will mankind ever learn?

God bless the brave men and women of ANZAC and may this never happen again.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back