• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It's been awhile. Too long in fact!

Local time
5:04 AM
Reaction score
I am new to forum. I recently purchased a 1973 Roadrunner. Nothing special, just a 318. It's in pretty decent shape. I have had several so-called cool cars in the past but have never had anything other than the base engine in any of them. This one pretty much falls in line with the rest. The odometer says 68,000 miles on it with just enough paperwork in the glove box to make me believe that it's true. The owner stated that it has been sitting for most of the last 25 or 30 years. He tried to sell it a few times in the beginning and had a few test drives but no one ever pulled the trigger. I will probably creep around the site for a while to get a feel for things. I'm sure I will eventually have a few comments and questions as I start the long project ahead.

Screenshot_20240213-153551_Message+.jpg

Screenshot_20240213-153358_Message+.jpg

Welcome from NJ! Good luck with the project.

Welcome aboard!

Sweet looking Ride. Let's get some more pics of it.

Welcome from New Zealand.

Nice RR. Looks pretty special to me. Good luck with the restoration.

Welcome to FBBO from Ontario, Canada. That looks like a pretty good condition old RoadRunner. Good luck with your project.

Nice! Looks to be 100% complete. The biggest plus for any restoration project!

Welcome (1)c.jpg

Nice looking RR. You don’t need a big engine to be cool any car you own is special to you
Welcome to FBBO from Prescott, Arizona

I want to thank everyone for the good words and encouragement on the upcoming project. The backwards rear wing will be the first thing to go! I no it's not relevant but I also put up two pictures of my all original opal GT that was recently sold. Thanks again, B

14681.jpeg

18101.jpeg

17864.jpeg

17867 (1).jpeg

18103.jpeg

14723 (2).jpeg

14722 (1).jpeg

Welcome, good luck and have fun with your new acquisition ! By the way, that's a nice Opel GT, haven't seen one of those since the 70's.

Welcome from Nebraska!
We can help you get plenty of performance out of your ride! We are especially good at advise to spend your money.Lol

I also have a 73 RR born w a 318. Yours is much nicer! Good find!

Welcome aboard and thanks for all the pics :thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back