• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Its here!! I've got bird Brains.

Sheet metal hung.

Hung just in time for Christmas!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 286
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 276
Sheet metal is on.

Metal on now for the fun part sand, sand and more :eusa_wall::eusa_wall::eusa_wall::eusa_eh::eusa_wall::eusa_wall:sand.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 243
33456_123557044369236_4825342_n.jpgI will look through my paper work. I had all the measurements of ALL the placements when I made my car.

- - - Updated - - -

Opps I guess I was a little late looks like you have it already. I didn't see the whole post.

Thank you she was a labor of love. I used coronet fenders and hood (I don't think fiberglass was available at the time) I put a lot of work in it. But it is a fun ride.

View attachment 230301I will look through my paper work. I had all the measurements of ALL the placements when I made my car.

- - - Updated - - -

Opps I guess I was a little late looks like you have it already. I didn't see the whole post.
Yes, like another member asked, if you still have them, would you post them please. I'm just starting on a Superbird project and have been looking for the measurements.

Yes, like another member asked, if you still have them, would you post them please. I'm just starting on a Superbird project and have been looking for the measurements.
I know I have them I will get them out and post them.

From the edge of the front fender the scoop sits 25 1/2 inches in the center. If your building the hood the outer skin is cut 44 7/8 inches from the back on the outer edges and 42 1/2 in the center. Then you need to conform a piece of 1/2 angle to the hood for the extension to fasten to. As far as the side crescent's and the rear wing and the trim pieces at the bottom of the vinyl top by the rear glass I have templates I made for this. I would copy and send to anyone that needs them. All my measurements and such were taken off a real bird. Here is how you build a hood. Hope this helps.
scan0002.jpg
It has been over 8 years since I did mine so took some time to find the stuff. The hood building pictures are from a Superbird guru friend Tom Ferry.

Thank you Dreamcatcher! That will help a bunch! and yes, if your could send the other measurements I would be very grateful. I should be getting the parts in hand soon and don't want to make any mistakes.
Thanks again for your help.
Chris

Auto Transport Service
Back