• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I've really been enjoying watching reruns of Hunter and Miami Vice.

SteveSS

Local time
7:03 AM
Reaction score
Not sure if you remember Hunter but it was network television's answer to the Dirty Harry movies. Rick Hunter played by Fred Dyer was a Defensive End in the NFL for 13 years. We all think of Hunter driving that crappy '77 Dodge Monaco but in the first season he switched between an old '70 Nova and a '71 Chevrolet Caprice coupe. Dee Dee McCall always had Dodge Daytona Turbo Zs.

Sonny Crocket's Ferrari Daytona Spyder was his famous car. I always thought it was a converted 4th gen Corvette but it was a third-gen. Later Enzo Ferrari didn't like the show driving a replica so he loaned them a Testarozza. They blew up the Daytona with an RPG.

Anyway, I enjoy both shows and all the normal cars on the street in the mid-eighties.

I'm also a big fan of Micheal Mann and his movies. He did the first episodes of Miami Vice and it shows. The first season was such a hit it turned into a cultural phenomenon. A dance club I used to frequent had a season two premier party. I won a couple of prizes including a crew jacket for winning the Don Johnson look-a-like contest. I still have the jacket but not the looks. Both shows are still pretty cool IMHO.

Hunter is on the Prime channel and Miami Vice is on TUBI.

During recoup from surgery last fall/winter, watched A LOT of old shows including Miami Vice. When it was in its prime, so was I. Rockford Files was a good show. Mannix, WWW, ya name an old show, I probably watched...some really ancient ones, lol.

Not sure if you remember Hunter but it was network television's answer to the Dirty Harry movies. Rick Hunter played by Fred Dyer was a Defensive End in the NFL for 13 years. We all think of Hunter driving that crappy '77 Dodge Monaco but in the first season he switched between an old '70 Nova and a '71 Chevrolet Caprice coupe. Dee Dee McCall always had Dodge Daytona Turbo Zs.

Sonny Crocket's Ferrari Daytona Spyder was his famous car. I always thought it was a converted 4th gen Corvette but it was a third-gen. Later Enzo Ferrari didn't like the show driving a replica so he loaned them a Testarozza. They blew up the Daytona with an RPG.

Anyway, I enjoy both shows and all the normal cars on the street in the mid-eighties.

I'm also a big fan of Micheal Mann and his movies. He did the first episodes of Miami Vice and it shows. The first season was such a hit it turned into a cultural phenomenon. A dance club I used to frequent had a season two premier party. I won a couple of prizes including a crew jacket for winning the Don Johnson look-a-like contest. I still have the jacket but not the looks. Both shows are still pretty cool IMHO.

And here I thought, maybe, just once, someone on this board would show a miniscule spec of respect for a late 70's B body, and especially the Monaco or Fury police cars.
Eh, should not of got my hopes up.
The shows are all fun. Most shows from that era are fun and had good acting and writing, and transitioned into silly 80's action shows for a while, and then everything turned into "Friends" and the rest of that canned rot.

What is WWW?
Wild Wild West.....

Before Will Smith..............and Salma Hayek.....:hitit:
1689807728942.png

I had a GF around 1989 that looked "just like" Stephanie Kramer.

Yum.

I still have a pic of her, but I can't post it here ;)

Last edited:

I still have my '86 Daytona Turbo Z, C/S package sitting in the back yard. I drove it for 16 years since I bought new in '86. Needs a fuel pump and complete brake job. I also have a '3D' effect Fred Dryer football card from a cereal box, probably late 60's. Not sure if either has any value nowadays...20230510_175835.jpg

I was just watching the Beverly Hillbillies. Miss Jane just cruised up in a 65 Coronet Convertible. Let me see if I can find a pic.

I was just watching the Beverly Hillbillies. Miss Jane just cruised up in a 65 Coronet Convertible. Let me see if I can find a pic.
They showed some nice mopars on that show.

We’ve probably worked our way through over half of the Hunter series and probably have the rest recorded. Never watched it back in the 80s and 90s so seems fresh.

I had a GF around 89 that looked "just like" Stephanie Kramer.

Yum.

I still have a pic of her, but I can't post it here ;)
Gotta be honest, if I had an 89 year old girlfriend I wouldn't post it here either

:lol:

Last edited:
And here I thought, maybe, just once, someone on this board would show a miniscule spec of respect for a late 70's B body, and especially the Monaco or Fury police cars.
Eh, should not of got my hopes up.
The shows are all fun. Most shows from that era are fun and had good acting and writing, and transitioned into silly 80's action shows for a while, and then everything turned into "Friends" and the rest of that canned rot.
77 muhnahco work?

Auto Transport Service
Back