• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jack Stowage for 69 Charger

bob32268

Local time
4:02 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone have close-up pics of the correct way to stow your jack, jack handle, and that little "spring" that holds down the jack handle? The tiny drawing on the trunk decal
leavew something to be desired.
Thanks,
Bob32268

Just google images. 1969 Dodge Charger jack hold down. Like this.

jack.jpg

Take this jack and stow it.
I ain't using it no more.
The tire been changed and it was the reason I used it for.
One of these days I m going to buy a floor jack and chuck it out the God dammed door,
So you can take that jack and stow it, I'm not using it no more! Lol

What paint did you use on the jack parts? And is it the original spare tire hold down rod or did you buy it aftermarket?

Thanks
Yannik

Can't help you there, those1968 parts pictured are all factory with factory paint.

What paint did you use on the jack parts? And is it the original spare tire hold down rod or did you buy it aftermarket?

Thanks
Yannik
I used gray primer with a satin clear coat for the base & mechanism. For the lug wrench I used a 80% gloss type black. For the jack rod I used a natural steel finish

Rustoleum makes a light machine grey that looks pretty close to the right color.

Take this jack and stow it.
I ain't using it no more.
The tire been changed and it was the reason I used it for.
One of these days I m going to buy a floor jack and chuck it out the God dammed door,
So you can take that jack and stow it, I'm not using it no more! Lol
:thumbsup:

Painted the jack mast Eastwood Aluma Blast, Mechanism and Base Rust-oleum Dove Grey V2184838, and wing nut Seymour Stainless Steel.

IMG_5430.jpeg

IMG_5431.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back