• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jacking points and jack stand points 1975 Fury

JWKetron

Local time
2:18 AM
Reaction score
Good day,

Preparing to change the oil in my engine for the first time and looking to see where safe points for the unibody/frame are when using a floor jack and locarions for safe points to put jack stands to hold up the car. Thank you for your help.

Jon

1000011767.jpg

This isn't an answer to your question, but I almost always drive the car up a pair of sturdy ramps and use chocks on the rear wheel. Transmission in park and parking brake set of course.

Chock the rear tires, in Park and e-brake applied. Raise it on the center of the k-frame, jack stands on each side of the k-frame.

Center of K frame is a great place.

I like to put stands where the trans crossmember meets the front frame horns, or just ahead of that.

Appreciate all the help. Regarding the rear, is it safe to jack lift at the center of the differential and put stands on each side of axle close to wheels?

Thanks

Jon

Auto Transport Service
Back