• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jeff's 69 road runner

and while you're in Pa, hang a left and finish mine!

damn I want that car...
I hear you Dave. I will probably have post partum or some such....

- - - Updated - - -

Come on up! I'll give yA three hots and a cot and we can work on mine , lol . Man you do some really nice work , that's how I like to see our beloved mopars represented !
I would love to help you out. three hots and a cot. that's rich.

- - - Updated - - -

and while you're in Pa, hang a left and finish mine!
no problem Dave. I will just make it a travelling show. take this mess on the road.

Hey 68 , havnt seen a post in a bit , how's the runner coming along ? I'm going to be in obx next week , if time permits would love to see your work!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh snap! I should have looked at the map first ,,,, you be a long way away ! Well it was a thought

Hey 68 , havnt seen a post in a bit , how's the runner coming along ? I'm going to be in obx next week , if time permits would love to see your work!

I swear I was just about to see if I could find the thread so I could do a final update on Jeffs car. Its been a couple of weeks, and there has been a lot going on so I should start 1 month ago. I had to run into town on the 19th, and while I was gone , some sorry sack of s#it relieved me of my only real vice. My 2013 Honda TRX450ER/SE. So right in the middle of trying to get Jeff's car going I am dealing with insurance and detectives and all that crap, like I don't have enough to do. My new trailer was supposed to be finished and ready for pick up on the 27th. bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzt. wrong. We are sorry sir, but your trailer wont be finished until the 2nd. Well no s#it. I'm in NC. and I have my schedule set up for being in SOUTH GA. on the 27th. now I have to completely revamp my whole line of thinking to be there on the 2nd. ok no prob. At least the car responded well. If you consider the rear glass had to come back out because the trim clips wouldn't hold S#IT. we ordered another set and they were no better than the first set. so on the day the glass got pulled I had to modify the new ones, friggin A. why not. I love this. So Monday night I leave for GA. Pick up the trailer at 7am Tuesday. I was back home in NC. by 5pm. I finished the tuning that I knew needed to get done, load all of the parts that were going back to Jeff, load the car and go to the alignment shop for a Friday 8am appointment. That went well. then reload the car for the trip to PA. Was in Brookville PA. by Saturday at 3pm.set up an impromptu surprise Sunday delivery. How cool. He thought I was still in NC. GOTCHA. I purposely stopped posting and replying to texts, just to drive Jeff nuts. BTW, it worked. I was supposed to be there Monday. SURPRISE.

What an awesome build. I've done a few cars, so I knew that this car was going to be nice. I really, REALLY want to thank you guys that posted on this thread. All 48 of you, and you know who you are, were integral and motivational. And in some cases, inspirational. Watching some of you guys building your cars at the same time, kept me grounded. I was alone, but not by myself.

I predicted 1000 pics at the beginning, and it turns out to be 3300. that has worked out to 1100 a year. or 3 pics a day for 3 years. It sounds kinda silly when you break it down like that. But Jeff will be able to figure out exactly what took place. Through every step of this build. How many guys that you know can say that?

And I had a ball working on this car. It was never a boring, drudgery to spend the time that it takes to do one to this level. Jeff's commitment to this car, as I said before, was the best part of the build for me. Never a question on parts or time, or anything. Always positive and willing to do the legwork it takes to keep the parts rolling in. Jeff's favorite question has been, Do you need anything? When problems arose, it was, How are we going to handle it?, What's the fix? Exactly the kind of attitude that tells me that he is doing the car for ALL the right reasons. SALUTE.

So here is the final picture update.......

And thanks again guys,

Attachments

• 20150531_114315.jpg
    20150531_114315.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 333
  • 20150531_114419.jpg
    20150531_114419.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 347
  • 20150531_114354.jpg
    20150531_114354.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 341
  • 20150531_114435.jpg
    20150531_114435.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 345
  • 20150602_091418.jpg
    20150602_091418.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 348
  • 20150604_150454.jpg
    20150604_150454.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 355
  • PART_1433701013570_20150607_111148-1.jpg
    PART_1433701013570_20150607_111148-1.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 329
  • PART951433701064362952015060795122230.jpg
    PART951433701064362952015060795122230.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 332
ya know...real life has really been screwing with me this last year. and every time I resign myself and talk myself into being OK with my car in primer for a while longer...you come along and post up more pics of that damn beautiful F8 beastie......damn you anyhow...

:icon_pray::icon_pray::icon_pray::icon_pray::icon_pray::icon_pray::icon_pray::icon_pray::icon_pray::icon_pray::icon_pray::icon_pray:

ya know...real life has really been screwing with me this last year. and every time I resign myself and talk myself into being OK with my car in primer for a while longer...you come along and post up more pics of that damn beautiful F8 beastie......damn you anyhow...

:icon_pray::icon_pray::icon_pray::icon_pray::icon_pray::icon_pray::icon_pray::icon_pray::icon_pray::icon_pray::icon_pray::icon_pray:

you say when Dave, we can shoot it in 3 days anytime you get ready......

Words can't express how well this Road Runner turned out. One of the nicest resto's on this site. I probably missed it, but where did you guys buy the wheels? If I am understanding correctly, there are 2 brands out there. Summit and Jegs sell one, and Coker sells the other.

Words can't express how well this Road Runner turned out. One of the nicest resto's on this site. I probably missed it, but where did you guys buy the wheels? If I am understanding correctly, there are 2 brands out there. Summit and Jegs sell one, and Coker sells the other.

hunt2elk, I have no earthly idea where they came from, but Jeff knows for sure. there are so many sweet rides on here that I am humbled to hear you say that. you played along right from the start and I thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

be hard to top this one

now Dave, lets not get too out of hand here..... thanks!!!!!!

I bought a set of 15x8s for mine when I first got it from Y1

- - - Updated - - -

now Dave, lets not get too out of hand here..... thanks!!!!!!

go back and reread your own posts! amazing work...be proud!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been following this thread all along and the quality and craftsmanship is top notch for sure, that is one sweet ride.
I think it's like the Grand Canyon, you can see pictures all day long and it's beautiful, but I think you have to see it in person to truly appreciate what went into this build.
Waiting for the next one...........

I've been following this thread all along and the quality and craftsmanship is top notch for sure, that is one sweet ride.
I think it's like the Grand Canyon, you can see pictures all day long and it's beautiful, but I think you have to see it in person to truly appreciate what went into this build.
Waiting for the next one...........

thanks a lot 440+6, I don't think that pictures do this car justice!!!!! and thanks for following along. Lenny.

thanks a lot 440+6, I don't think that pictures do this car justice!!!!! and thanks for following along. Lenny.

I tend to agree with that! That is one beauty, i always hated the color back in the day, I had one that looked just like yours, everything but the wheels.. I sure wouldn't mind owning that bird you have, enjoy it bud, its been a long haul for you but your work is showing nicely!!!

I tend to agree with that! That is one beauty, i always hated the color back in the day, I had one that looked just like yours, everything but the wheels.. I sure wouldn't mind owning that bird you have, enjoy it bud, its been a long haul for you but your work is showing nicely!!!

thanks a lot Ron. I think its the base/clear system that makes the difference. it just seems to pop. the old enamel just seemed dull to me.

...and I totally agree that this is one of the nicest restorations on this site - bar none.

Fantastic result, beautiful car and obviously a very talented builder. :icon_pray:

...and I totally agree that this is one of the nicest restorations on this site - bar none.

Fantastic result, beautiful car and obviously a very talented builder. :icon_pray:

thanks a lot Hawk. having seen your car, that means a lot. Lenny.

I would have to agree with what everyone has said. Great job! I still have this thread book marked for reference to help me with my car. I have already used it to help me. Thank you, Beautiful car!!

hunt2elk.
I got the wheels at Universal Vintage tire. In Hershey PA. 1877-454-3954
https://www.universaltire.com

To say I am happy with the way my car turned out would be a enormous understatment. I talked to Lenny regularly, His drive to do things the right way were awesome. He was as excited as I was to see it complete. I bought the car from my Uncle, who had it in his garage for 23 years. It was a father son project, But my cousin went into the Airforce and after 22 years is retiring and remaining in the Western U.S. The car was offered to me. After handing it over to Lenny you all get to see his work My 74 Cuda will eventually go to him as well. But it wont be as easy. But IT WONT GO ANYWHERE ELSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back