• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jeff's 69 road runner

Wow, just Wow. You sir have Skills.
Jeff you are a lucky man, your car was left in the right hands for sure.
just registered on here a couple of days ago, and found this thread. The attention to detail on this build is incredible. Thanks for taking the time to explain, and add detailed photo reference of your work.
Subscribed, cant wait to see the finally

Bill

Wow, just Wow. You sir have Skills.
Jeff you are a lucky man, your car was left in the right hands for sure.
just registered on here a couple of days ago, and found this thread. The attention to detail on this build is incredible. Thanks for taking the time to explain, and add detailed photo reference of your work.
Subscribed, cant wait to see the finally

Bill

thanks for watching and, welcome to the site. I am glad that you found it. there is lots to see here.

Absolutely beautiful, your hard work is going to pay off big time!

Looks great! The skill to paint around he Road Runner logo on the trunk is just amazing (smile)

Seriously, it looks fantastic, now the fun part starts to put the thing together. In my book, the paint is where a car turns the corner and you can start putting stuff back on it - that's cool and a lot of fun...

Keep up the good work!

Hawk

Dash is 90% finished. I also shoved her outside in the sunshine. color sanding this weekend.

Attachments

• 20150403_115904.jpg
    20150403_115904.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 278
  • 20150403_115848.jpg
    20150403_115848.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 273
  • 20150403_103529.jpg
    20150403_103529.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 284
  • 20150403_103342.jpg
    20150403_103342.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 273
Does anyone have a good drawing of the hood stripes. I know what I have done in the past. but I was wondering if a factory layout existed?

- - - Updated - - -

Looks great! The skill to paint around he Road Runner logo on the trunk is just amazing (smile)

Seriously, it looks fantastic, now the fun part starts to put the thing together. In my book, the paint is where a car turns the corner and you can start putting stuff back on it - that's cool and a lot of fun...

Keep up the good work!

Hawk
Thanks Hawk. The rr emblems were the teaser that I sent to Jeff . smart phones rule . and I agree with you about the turn of the corner thing. I hope that the rest of the car turns out as well as the body. My dad used to say you can't half *** it now.

Sweet job on the dash! Looks new. I'd guess that the magnetism of the upgraded center speaker magnets are pulling that Tach needle over?

If so, I had the same issue when I installed a pair of Polk Audio speakers for the center speaker in my bird. Had to buy a shielding metal called MuMetal to knock the magnetic field down. Can't remember where I bought it from (some audio store online), but I bought a 3" wide x 3/32" thick and about a foot long hunk of it. Cut it to fit and secured it in place next to the tach with a couple hunks of 3M butyl ribbon sealer (didn't want to drill any holes to secure).

Sweet job on the dash! Looks new. I'd guess that the magnetism of the upgraded center speaker magnets are pulling that Tach needle over?

If so, I had the same issue when I installed a pair of Polk Audio speakers for the center speaker in my bird. Had to buy a shielding metal called MuMetal to knock the magnetic field down. Can't remember where I bought it from (some audio store online), but I bought a 3" wide x 3/32" thick and about a foot long hunk of it. Cut it to fit and secured it in place next to the tach with a couple hunks of 3M butyl ribbon sealer (didn't want to drill any holes to secure).

thanks a lot Propwash, I have to do something but I hadn't made up my mind on what. do you have any pics of your fix. I like to see other folks remedys for this kind of thing. aircraft folks probably have more experience with this kind of thing.

I'd post of a pic if I had one for you sir. Unfortunately the bird is tucked in a storage shed for about 2 more weeks. Basically you take a couple small pieces of the stuff (cuts easy with a tin snips, bends easy as well), tape them together and secure them next to the side of the tach. Pretty easy to do.

Thanks showard. I am very happy. So I am including a few glamor shots.

Attachments

• 20150407_201357.jpg
    20150407_201357.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 196
  • 20150407_205111.jpg
    20150407_205111.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 208
  • 20150407_201349.jpg
    20150407_201349.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 204
  • 20150407_205150.jpg
    20150407_205150.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 198
well thanks a lot....now who's gonna clean the drool off my keyboard?

Auto Transport Service
Back