• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jegs, the Famous Auto Parts Catalog Company, Sold to Private Equity Firm

I, too, have used both summit and jegs. Jegs sends me a 50 page paper catalog, with nothing but Chevy stuff in it, and has a worthless website. Summit sends me a paper catalog with 300 pages and some "other" brand stuff in it, and has a very workable site. Jegs has to sell me something I want, at a better price than summit, to get my business. They haven't done that in a long time.

Summit generally has the same price and availability(or better) and you can usually find what you want on their web page.

Jegs was bought by a mega corp that specializes in supply chain stuff.... think on that in consideration of the last recent while here.....
and then think about how they want us to be on EV's.....
and maybe this wasn't a coincidence that some nameless supplychain megacorp wanted to buy a parts supplier for classic cars.
There is another "briar" company with not so nice background.

It's too bad. IMO, Jegs back twenty years ago was a pretty respectable company that had good service. but that was the tail end of phone and mail catalogue era. Times have changed.

I prefer Summit Racing by a thousand miles. Super helpful, Lightning fast shipping, and always have what I need. I ordered twice from Jegs 10 years ago and never again. Shipping was over a week and their website is tough to navigate. I hope Summit is around for another 100 years.

Auto Transport Service
Back